Verizon has finally confirmed the pricing and availability for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 that they announced at CES last month. Fortunately the waiting will be over quite soon with the launch coming March 1st.
The Galaxy Tab 7.7 will set you back $499 with a two-year contract and month-to-month data starts at $30 for 2GB.
Here’s a quick rundown of the specs:
- 7.7-inch Super AMOLED Plus screen (1280×800)
- 1.4 GHz dual-core processor
- 1 GB RAM
- 3.2 MP rear camera (720 video)
- 2.0 MP front-facing camera
- 16 GB internal storage
- microSD slot supports up to 32 GB
- WiFi (a/b/g/n) with dual-band support
- WiFi Direct/Allshare
- Bluetooth 3.0
- Android 3.2 with TouchWiz
I got some hands-on time with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 at CES a couple months ago and came away quite impressed. The Super AMOLED Plus screen is the sharpest and most vibrant I’ve seen on any tablet to date and the device is astoundingly thin and light at 7.9mm and 12 ounces.
Those of course were just my impressions after a few minutes with the Galaxy Tab 7.7 and we’ll be doing a full review soon to let you know whether it’s worth the price of admission.
While the lack of Android 4.0 may be a concern to the Android enthusiasts, the pricing and even more importantly that 2-year contract are going to be the big sticking points for most potential buyers. Between those two which do you think would have a bigger impact on tablet sales? Would you be more inclined to buy a carrier tablet if they reduced the initial cost or if they dropped the 2-year contract requirement?Show Press Release
Samsung Galaxy Tabâ„¢ 7.7 Available Exclusively On The Verizon Wireless Network
World’s Thinnest 4G LTE Tablet on America’s Fastest 4G Network
BASKING RIDGE, NJ – Announced at this year’s Consumer Electronics Show (CES), the Samsung Galaxy Tabâ„¢ 7.7 will be available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com starting March 1. Movies, pictures and games come to life in high-definition with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7’s Super AMOLEDâ„¢ Plus touchscreen display. Customers can quickly access the Web, stream music and more at blazingly fast speeds using the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network combined with a 1.4 GHz dual-core processor and HTML 5 Web browser.
The Tab 7.7 is a multimedia expert allowing customers to use their tablet as the center of their home entertainment system. The Peel Smart Remote feature eliminates the need for multiple remote controls for televisions, audio players and other home entertainment systems. Customers can make their Tab 7.7 the master controller to find and watch their favorite TV shows, create a favorites list, set program reminders and more. Customers also have the ability to stream media to their compatible TV using the HDMI Multimedia Dock with a built-in HDMI port or the HDTV Adapter (sold separately). The Samsung Media Hub offers a large selection of media to rent or purchase and watch while traveling or plug into a TV to share at a party.
- 7.7-inch Super AMOLED Plus display (1280×800)
- Androidâ„¢ 3.2 Honeycomb — supports Googleâ„¢ Mobile Services, including Gmailâ„¢, YouTubeâ„¢, Google Talkâ„¢ with video chat, Google Searchâ„¢, Google Mapsâ„¢, as well as access to Google Booksâ„¢, movie rentals and more than 400,000 apps on Android Marketâ„¢
- 3.2-megapixel rear-facing camera with LED flash, full 720p recording and 1080p playback (1080p playback through HDMI dock or adapter)
- Front-facing 2-megapixel camera for video chat
- 16 GB on-board storage (actual formatted capacity is less)
- Support for up to 32 GB microSDâ„¢ card
Business professionals can feel secure when working on their Tab 7.7 knowing that it is Samsung Approved for Enterprise (SAFEâ„¢). The SAFE certification signifies that the Tab 7.7 is equipped with an exclusive suite of security features that deliver enterprise-friendly capabilities to help safeguard sensitive data and communications, including Mobile Device Management (MDM), on-device Encryption, Virtual Private Network (VPN) and push synchronization of corporate email, calendar and contacts.
The Galaxy Tab 7.7 provides the ideal balance of portability and productivity so business professionals can get the job done. Pair the Tab 7.7 with a keyboard dock and maximize productivity with the QuickOffice® Pro HD application. Customers won’t even notice they left their laptops behind with the ability to create and edit Microsoft® Office documents.
Even traveling business teams can stay connected and productive in remote meeting locations, such as airports, with the 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot capability. The Tab 7.7 lets customers share their 4G LTE connection with up to 10 Wi-Fi-enabled devices simultaneously, enabling leaders to become the team’s Wi-Fi hotspot to rapidly download large presentations and blueprints to review before boarding a flight.
Pricing and availability:
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 will be available March 1 in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com for $499.99 with a new two-year customer agreement.
- Customers that purchase a Tab 7.7 will need to subscribe to a 4G LTE mobile broadband data package starting at $30 monthly access for 2 GB of data.
For more information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com. Follow @VZWnews on Twitter for the latest news on Verizon Wireless.