If you grew up playing sports videogames during the 90′s you probably remember the phrases “Boomshakalaka”, “He’s heating up”, and “He’s on fire!” NBA Jam was one of my favorite games as a kid, so I was thrilled to see that EA Mobile ported the iOS version to Android this week.
Unfortunately it doesn’t appear that NBA Jam supports Android 4.0 devices, so I can’t play it on my Galaxy Nexus or Transformer Prime. From the early reviews coming in, it looks like this port lives up the the classic. NBA Jam features an average review score of 4.5, which is rare for EA Mobile games.
Highlights of NBA Jam include:
- 3 modes of play let you ball the way you want: Play Now – Select a team and jump right into the ballgame. Classic Campaign – Defeat all other teams to win the championship, and unlock legends, hidden players, and outrageous cheats. Local Multiplayer – Go big head 2 big head against a friend via local WiFi or Bluetooth
- Play as your favorite Stars from all 30 NBA Teams
- Featuring the voice of Tim Kitzrow (the original NBA JAM play-by-play announcer), you’ll hear all the classic catchphrases plus a few new ones
- Unlock legends from the classic arcade and Open up outrageous cheats.
If your device is supported, you can pick up NBA Jam right now on the Google Play Store for $4.99. It’s nice to see multiplayer mode over local WiFi, but I’d love to see EA add online play.
This week EA also released FIFA 12. I’ve never been a fan of soccer games, but I know the sport is huge in about every country but the United States. So far the early reviews are what we have come to expect from EA’s Android ports, as the game averages a mediocre 3.7. If you are looking for a good soccer game, keep in mind Gameloft has Real Soccer 2012 available for free.
Highlights of FIFA 12 include:
- Experience vibrant graphics and ultra-realistic animation like never before
- Play like a superstar with famous footballers like Kaka, Rooney, and more
- Dominate leagues like the English Premiership, La Liga, MLS and beyond
- March toward glory in 32 real stadiums
- Handle the ball with precise new controls optimized for Android
- Stay in the game as you take on daily challenges