Mar 27 AT 7:42 AM Taylor Wimberly 76 Comments

Mega-hit Temple Run now available for free on Android

temple-run-630

Temple Run is one of the most popular games on iOS with over 40 million downloads and tons of Android fans have been asking when it will be ported over. Last week the developer Imangi Studios finally announced it would arrive on March 27th and it’s now available in the Google Play Store.

“We are excited to finally share the Android release date with our fans who have been so enthusiastic and supportive of Temple Run,” said Keith Shepherd, co-founder of Imangi Studios. “By expanding to more mobile devices, we hope to provide the same addictive and fast-paced gameplay to an entirely new group of players.”

Thankfully, the game works on about every Android device available, except Google TV. I’ve been playing it for the first time this morning and I can see why it’s so addictive. The controls are super simple and the action gets increasingly fast paced as you try to top your best score each run.

Install Temple Run from the link below and let us know what you think. Was it worth the wait?

• YMS123

I downloaded it, so far so good!

• jonathan3579

• OptimusDiabetus

Says it’s not compatible with my Droid RAZR. Awesome…

• cj100570

• fletchtb

I will be checking this out!

• josegb2011

• http://androidandme.com Taylor Wimberly

Seeing the same problem on Galaxy Nexus. Game quits after every run.

• Kal3idos0pe

I’m getting a similar problem on a Droid X. FC randomly after runs or when I select menu options. Still fun, just annoying that I have to keep reopening to play.

• Slith

Some rendering issues and force closes on my GN as well.

• benny

CAN’T PLAY ON MY DROID RAZR!? THX GUYS!!!???

• Nathan D.

Sweet! Going to play it soon

• tarman

Was upset that my RAZR Maxx was incompatible with the game, so I downloaded from here: http://www.megashare.com/4061796 and installed. Seems to work just fine

• Callum1607

How do u use this it just comes up with install i try and then it says it cant

• fritz

Don’t even see it listed on Galaxy Nexus Play store.

• josegb2011

Search for temple run on the play store and scroll down until you see it..that’s what I did on my galaxy nexus.

• Slith

Use the link from the article to download it to your Nexus.

• Trinhbo

As for the game itself, it’s fun for a while but it gets old quickly unless you’re a teenager or something.

• spazby

great game

• Jendon

“the game works on about every Android device available”, except for MyTouch 3G…… yay….

• Cajj

• thaghost

This game is old and played out.

• DroidBionic User

Doesn’t work on a Droid Bionic either :/

• epps720

It’s about time, now I don’t have to use my wife’s miniscule iphone screen

• kzlife

Finally! :D
    Tried it and it works great on the sgs2!

• Ajay

No luck on Droid Bionic.

• uknowme

Downloaded and played, it’s an ok time waster.

• kwills88

• jd

It’s a time sucker…I had this on my iPad and spent hours on it. But the addiction goes away after a few days.

• Aris

This app is not searchable using the “Temple Run” phrase in Play Store both in web and app. Search this instead: com.imangi.templerun and then you will see the Official Temple Run.

• Sam

Aris,

Thanks a lot bro.. i had been searching in market without any results, thanks for the exact search term, that really helps. i got it downloaded on my mytouch 4g,

• Slith

• inviolable

Is this another one of those damn running games?

• Jozef I Del Mundo

I just played it on my HTC MyTouch 4G…. it runs so smoothly and it is worth the wait. I bet Instagram for Android will also be worth the wait =D

• Sam

Dude,

are you sure, you were able to get that on my touch 4g? I tried looking for it yesterday and couldnt find the game in play store. I did a search for ‘Temple Run’. Do i need to search for something different.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Burnd

• Lord Dani

Same force close issue experience on my GSM nexus s… however, on my prime no such force close issue experienced after hours of game play… damn, it is freaking addictive…

• lowell

how do you install temple run in samsung galaxy 5?

• ranwanimator

• princess

why my phone cant find temple run games on android market I got w8 sony ericson anybody help me! I badly want this games..please anyone?

• princess

darn aris I really cant download this addicting game help me please…

• Aris

What does it says when you open the link I gave you?
      Try to open the link using the browser, not by the app.

The Play Store will notify you if your device is compatible to run the app. I had one experience with Galaxy Y–it is not compatible to run Temple Run. The Play Store didn’t mentioned why it is not compatible, so I stopped there. For sure it will tell you if your phone is compatible.

• princess

it says no device detected..ok I will stop downloading this into my phone, I will play into my ipad instead..thank you :-D

• mattcoz

• http://agasama.blogspot.com Aris

Hope you enjoy it!

• Graham

Downloaded this morning. Plays fine on my Galaxy SII with ICS.

Don’t see what all this fuss is about though. Can see this game getting boring quite quickly.

• Adair

Favouritism towards HTC much? doesnt work on my Galaxy Ace

• Schmidty850

• Star292

Its not compatiable with my LGE LG-LW690 cell phone :((((((((

• Quaidy

I’ve been playing this game on my Xperia arc. It’s great and addictive. The annoying thing is, every time I exit the game and come back to play it later, my high score has reset. Is this a problem which is gonna be fixed?

• tee

Why is temple run not compatible on all android phones sbd when will it become compatible.

• rvolt001

The game is too fast on my mytouch 4G. So i can’t ever reach a high score. Has anyone have any idea y this is so fast on mytouch 4G?

• Ciaira

Not compatible on my T-Mobile G1 (it’s an Android too). Any idea why?

• Aris

I’m not sure why Galaxy Y is not compatible with temple run. I assume it’s the hardware…maybe the graphics hardware I think.

• saiteja

can i get temple run game in galaxy y,

• Anshul

I have a android 4.0.3 1.2ghz NON-ARM tablet, i can not run temple run on it.
    Plz help.

• James

Am I the only person that it doesn’t work for? Image n orange Monte Carlo nd it seems to be compatable with everything other than temple run and temple run brave. Bit annoyed tbh. Any chance of a Fix in the net future?

• marissa

I cant get it on my phone its not comparable!!!!!!:(

• kishorekarri

please Tell me the web adress to download temple run in my samsung galaxy y,b’cas it is incompatible in google playstore.

• mayur khan

Hi.I m a new user so I cant say nothiing. thanks….

• jarvis

Doesnt work on samsung galaxy ace either…….awesome

• rajeevangelo

It doesnt work on my sylvania 10 inch tablet . Plz plz share the download link 4 low end device my email is rajeevangelo69@gmail.com

• rajeevangelo

my tab has 512 ram

• rajeevangelo

my tab has 512 ram
    thanx

• shari

I was puchased galaxy ace s5830. But i am unale to get temple run game in my mobile it will support to my handset or not can any one reply to my respbonse. I tried with arvm 6, is another way to get temple run.

1. I downloaded it, so far so good!

• Yeah, same here. I haven’t experienced any of the bugs yet but they should get the incompatible phone issue worked out. There’s a shit ton of people they’re not offering this to.

2. OptimusDiabetusGuest 3 years ago

Says it’s not compatible with my Droid RAZR. Awesome…

3. I’ve played it on iOS and downloaded it onto my Galaxy Nexus. I don’t see what the fascination with this game is!

4. I will be checking this out!

5. The games is good but it force closes on me almost every time I try to do another run…hopefully they will resolve this quickly cause I’m trying to break the record..hehe..

6. bennyGuest 3 years ago

CAN’T PLAY ON MY DROID RAZR!? THX GUYS!!!???

7. Sweet! Going to play it soon

8. tarmanGuest 3 years ago

9. fritzGuest 3 years ago

Don’t even see it listed on Galaxy Nexus Play store.

10. For those who have trouble looking for it, try looking for it through the web interface instead of through the Market app.

11. JendonGuest 3 years ago

12. Downloaded through the web market since I didnt see it via phone app. So far so good. Started bad with force closes after each death but those are slowing down now. Not sure if its just a problem with the gnex or if its widespread.

13. This game is old and played out.

14. DroidBionic UserGuest 3 years ago

Doesn’t work on a Droid Bionic either :/

15. It’s about time, now I don’t have to use my wife’s miniscule iphone screen

16. Finally! :D
    Tried it and it works great on the sgs2!

17. AjayGuest 3 years ago

No luck on Droid Bionic.

18. Downloaded and played, it’s an ok time waster.

19. As happy I am to see this finally on android, I can’t help but to have a bitter taste in my mouth knowing that after how popular android has become, we’re still an after thought to iOS when it comes to getting apps.

20. jdGuest 3 years ago

21. ArisGuest 3 years ago

22. Finally I can share in the time wasting all my Apple fan boy coworkers accomplish!

23. Is this another one of those damn running games?

24. Jozef I Del MundoGuest 3 years ago

• SamGuest 3 years ago

Dude,

Any help is greatly appreciated.

25. Used to play this on my girlfriend’s iPad. She’ll probably be glad to hear she can play it on here phone as well!

26. Lord DaniGuest 3 years ago

27. lowellGuest 3 years ago

how do you install temple run in samsung galaxy 5?

28. Works flawlessly on my Transformer Prime. Can’t say as I enjoy the game all that much though.

29. princessGuest 3 years ago

30. princessGuest 3 years ago

darn aris I really cant download this addicting game help me please…

• ArisGuest 3 years ago

What does it says when you open the link I gave you?
      Try to open the link using the browser, not by the app.

31. princessGuest 3 years ago

32. Weird, couldn’t find it when I searched for it on my phone, but was able to install it from the website.

33. Here is what I can say about this Temple Run app in my Android device: http://agasama.blogspot.com/2012/03/running-through-temple-run.html

Hope you enjoy it!

34. GrahamGuest 3 years ago

Downloaded this morning. Plays fine on my Galaxy SII with ICS.

35. AdairGuest 3 years ago

Favouritism towards HTC much? doesnt work on my Galaxy Ace

36. Nice, been looking to try this as my friends have been annoying me saying “you have temple run yet?”

37. Star292Guest 3 years ago

Its not compatiable with my LGE LG-LW690 cell phone :((((((((

38. QuaidyGuest 3 years ago

39. teeGuest 3 years ago

40. rvolt001Guest 3 years ago

41. CiairaGuest 3 years ago

Not compatible on my T-Mobile G1 (it’s an Android too). Any idea why?

42. ArisGuest 3 years ago

43. saitejaGuest 3 years ago

can i get temple run game in galaxy y,

44. AnshulGuest 3 years ago

I have a android 4.0.3 1.2ghz NON-ARM tablet, i can not run temple run on it.
    Plz help.

45. JamesGuest 3 years ago

46. marissaGuest 3 years ago

I cant get it on my phone its not comparable!!!!!!:(

47. kishorekarriGuest 3 years ago

48. mayur khanGuest 3 years ago

Hi.I m a new user so I cant say nothiing. thanks….

49. jarvisGuest 3 years ago