Last month we heard the HTC One X was coming to Sprint and today Jerry Hildenbrand of Android Central reports the device could launch as the “HTC EVO ONE.” This make perfect sense because Sprint has been using HTC for their flagship EVO brand, and want to keep the series going. The final device name could still be different, because we all know Sprint wants to throw “4G LTE” on the end before it hits stores.
Sprint’s version was previously rumored to launch in June, so that month is looking better and better. The global version of the One X is coming to other carriers next month, but it’s likely that Sprint took the extra time to customize the look of the phone (and wait till their initial LTE markets are ready this summer).
Rumored specs of the EVO One include:
- Black and red, thin, and has a kickstand as well.
- Released June 6
- 4.7 inch, 720p AMOLED screen
- 1.5 dual-core Krait processor (Snapdragon S4)
- 2650 mAh non-removal battery
- 16GB internal memory
- microSD card slot
- Android 4.0 with 4.0 sense
- 8-megapixel camera with 2.0 front-facing camera
- Beats by Dre audio
If you are on Sprint, does this device live up to your expectations?