Apr 06 AT 2:42 PM Nick Gray 31 Comments

Android 4.0 update for the Motorola RAZR delayed as HTC Rezound update confirmed for today

htc_rezound_motorola_razr_ics_android_4_update

According to new details from Best Buy’s computer systems, the Motorola RAZR and RAZR MAXX update that was supposed to roll out on April 4th has been delayed. No reason was given for the delay, so we’re not sure what the holdup is or when Verizon and Motorola will try to roll it out again. Since we got a sneak peek at what Motorola’s Android 4.0 build would look like with the latest version of MotoBLUR in January, the delay most likely is due to radio or network connectivity issues.

Fortunately, the bad news for Verizon’s RAZR owners is accompanied by a second confirmation that the Android 4.0 update for the HTC Rezound is still on track for today. Verizon has not released any official statements about the update, but we still have a few hours left in the day. How big of a disappointment would it be if Verizon missed the Ice Cream sandwich roll-out dates for the RAZR, RAZR MAXX and the Rezound?

Source: Engadget

• http://www.jaxidian.org/update/ jaxidian

#NotSurprised

• redraider133

• jeff C

I hope they roll out ICS for the rezound today. I dont see why the big secret. If they know it is close to being rolled out why dont they at least say something like it will be out sometime during the month of… Google came out with 4.0 to revolutionize the android OS so you think that these phones that are meant for it should get it ASAP if it is ready then push it out already.

• Dustin

A best buy document isn’t exactly an official announcement..

• DROID Sam

I was thinking the same thing, but it does confirm the the date that was revealed last week. A few more hours and we’ll know the truth.

• Jimmy_Jo

Oh wait! AND IT’S GETTING ICE CREAM SANDWICH SOON!!!! I can’t understand why every Verizon customer isn’t knocking down the doors for this one. Sure the battery leaves something to be desired but for the price you could get an extended battery and still only pay $100 (or less)

• mokmokmok

So true

• Alan Reboli

• Bigtop77

This is exactly why I didn’t purchase another motorola phone.

• itguy426

• bellken

• sid

I hate to burst eveyones bubble,But Verizon always sends out notice at least a day in advance With any update..I called them today and asked a tech about it,And he didn’t know what I was talking about…..

• redraider133

No usually the morning of not a day or more ahead of time like you say…

• GRAW

• Jimi

And has anyone seen the update as of yet… today?

• thel0nerang3r

Pshhh.. this is why I bought a Nexus device… Nexus S4G….. :-(
    To whomever has this phone and has gotten the update: does it bring beat audio to all applications? The HTC One series does, wondering if this update brings it to the Rezound.

• lucky

This is exactly why I didn’t purchase another motorola phone.

• http://www.infotainmentempire.com pekosROB

• bellken

• Slith

So did it hit for the Rezound then?

• Jbotcher

No update on my Rezound yet, but I like the phone in spite of the delay.

• Derek

No update, Best Buy “confirmed” rumor was not true.

• SGB101

• LA

No update yet.. its sunday 9:05am. This aint gonna happen today me thinks.

• jon

Still no update for amaze

• steveanderson1357

So Best Buy once again proven infallible source regarding Rezound. I would stick with these guys–almost as good as Heather Childers. And since Motorola announced in Feb that ICS would come in 3rd qtr, how can Best Buy announce Apr 4th; then say it’s delayed? Best Buy must be really good; almost as good as Circuit City.

• yankeesusa

• djwalter

Nope, nothing happened but I wasn’t really banking on anything happening anyway.

• Pardeep

this is nice how to update
    some tech info on this :http:techtaken.com

• Pardeep

this is nice how to update
    some tech info on this :http://techtaken.com

• nicole

I never got No update.For the HTC rezound

1. #NotSurprised

2. Best buy and confirmed should never be used in the same sentence. Remember the nexus prime in their flyer or all the other dates phones were supposed to be out yet never happened

3. jeff CGuest 3 years ago

4. DustinGuest 3 years ago

A best buy document isn’t exactly an official announcement..

• DROID SamGuest 3 years ago

5. OK…. so the Rezound has Beats audio, Beats earbuds, 4G LTE, a 1.5GHz dual-core processor, support for a microSD card up to 32GB, 720 x 1280 pixel resolution on a 4.3″ screen and it’s only $50?

• mokmokmokGuest 3 years ago

So true

• Not true anymore. The battery with ICS I’m getting a steady 12 hours out of it each charge. This is with moderate usage too. Email, texts, 4g, Temple Run. This is been the best battery phone I’ve had with Android.

6. This is exactly why I didn’t purchase another motorola phone.

7. Wow what a surprise. I am a Verizon customer and love the network. But I am not fond of how they do things. They take a long time to test and add bloat that it is not funny. The bigger disappointing issue is that they always release phones with bugs and issues. I say if that is the case just give us the update earlier and fix it while we have it. The bugs will be there one way or another. I think when it gets in the users hands is when it gets a good testing and when issues are found anyway.

8. waiting for the upgrade to hit my rezound, I will be pleasantly surprised, if it happens.

9. sidGuest 3 years ago

10. How is any of this important? You hear a rummor and suppose it’s true, so when it doesn’t happen, something whent wrong? Sounds like there’s no official info, so nothing to cry about. #BePatient

11. JimiGuest 3 years ago

And has anyone seen the update as of yet… today?

12. Pshhh.. this is why I bought a Nexus device… Nexus S4G….. :-(

13. luckyGuest 3 years ago

This is exactly why I didn’t purchase another motorola phone.

14. Is it just me or is Moto the king of “gotcha!” when it comes to upcoming updates? I’m sure this one will be here soon enough but it was like that for the DX2 and the D2 Global and some other phones when it came time to update their OS…

15. no ICS update for the rezound, yesterday. I don’t think Bestbuy leaks are very credible. Also, probably not a good idea to put out an OTA upgrade, right before Easter.

16. So did it hit for the Rezound then?

17. JbotcherGuest 3 years ago

No update on my Rezound yet, but I like the phone in spite of the delay.

18. DerekGuest 3 years ago

No update, Best Buy “confirmed” rumor was not true.

19. i got the ics update for unbranded UK sensation xe, on the 5th April. the same day i got te One X.

20. LAGuest 3 years ago

No update yet.. its sunday 9:05am. This aint gonna happen today me thinks.

21. jonGuest 3 years ago

Still no update for amaze

22. steveanderson1357Guest 3 years ago

23. So…. did any of you rezound owners get the 4.0 update? I guess best buy should stick to just selling the phones instead of giving update announcements.

• djwalterGuest 3 years ago