Today Qualcomm announced the keynotes and agenda for their Uplinq 2012 mobile developers conference and we are celebrating the event by giving away a free pass to one of our readers. The conference will be held June 27-28, at the Hilton San Diego Bayfront hotel and will cover the Android, Windows Phone, Windows 8, HTML5 and Brew platforms.
Qualcomm’s developer network, QDevNet, will also sponsor a pre-conference Mobile CodeFest & Hackathon on June 26 for hardcore coders. The event will include device giveaways, provide coders hands-on, deep-dive training on how to exploit leading mobile technologies to create extraordinary user experiences. The hackathon will end with a lightning round of presentations, with judging and awards totaling more than $50,000 immediately to follow.
Uplinq 2012 keynote speakers and breakout sessions
Keynote speakers include:
- Dr. Paul E. Jacobs, chariman and CEO of Qualcomm
- Aaron Levie, co-founder and CEO of Box
- Dr. Peter H. Diamandis, charimand and CEO of the X PRIZE Foundation
- John Hering, co-founder and CEO of Lookout
Super session topics this year are:
- How Do Developers Take Control of Their Destinies in a Cross-Platform World?, a fireside chat between Rob Chandhok, senior vice president of software strategy for Qualcomm and president of Qualcomm Internet Services, and Ben Wood, director of research for CCS Insight
- Snapdragon Processors Powering the Next Million-Dollar App, presented by Raj Talluri, senior vice president of product management for Qualcomm
Uplinq 2012 breakout sessions will cover such topics as:
- Growing the Ecosystem: The Future of HTML5 Web Apps
- Designing Graphics & Gaming Apps Across the Snapdragon S-Class Tiers
- MMO (Massively Multiplayer Online) LTE Gaming
- Developing Connected, Proximity-Aware Apps with AllJoyn
- Drive Consumer Engagement with Vuforia
- Premium, Freemium, Bundles & More: The Evolution of Brew App Business Models
- Harness the Rise of the Machines: FastCV, Accelerating Mobile Computer Vision
- Trends in Technology & Digital Content in Education: An Untapped Market
- The Windows 8 Platform for Metro Style Apps
- Diving Into the Windows Phone Market: Should I Make the Jump?
- Nokia’s Inside Track for Developers to Leverage Its Devices, Reach & Relationships
- Tapping into the Next Generation of Location-Based Applications
- Accelerating your Android Application with Renderscript and LLVM
Get 30% discount on admission
The registration price for Uplinq 2012 is US$375, but our readers can get 30% off using a special coupon code. The price includes registration for the pre-conference Mobile CodeFest and Hackathon (limited to 300 coders). The Uplinq 2012 registration page can be found at www.uplinq.com/user/register.
Uplinq 2012 30% discount code: UB2012
Win a free pass to Uplinq 2012
As we mentioned above, we also have a free, 1-time pass to give away to one of our readers. If you live in the San Diego area and are able to attend, just leave a comment below to be entered to win. We are looking for someone who has experience with Android development, so include a link to any apps you have published in the Google Play Store to increase your chances of winning.