Are you ready to play? This week we start a new focus on mobile entertainment. Over the next two weeks we will cover the best Android apps for movies and music, review the VIZIO Co-Star, highlight new accessories, and more.
All our entertainment related content will be featured in a new channel page that is launching soon. To help get the Entertainment Channel going, we are once again teaming up with @NVIDIATegra to give away a Nexus 7 tablet to people who create a thread about mobile entertainment. We have long promised that we will feature user generated content on our front page, and this is your opportunity to have something you create shared with thousands of Android fans.
The Giveaway: Google Nexus 7 (16 GB)
Nexus 7 is a no compromise Android tablet that’s designed to go wherever you go. With a stunning 7” display, powerful quad-core Tegra 3 processor and up to 8 hours of battery life during active use, Nexus 7 was built to bring you the best of Google in a slim, portable package that fits perfectly in your hand.
How to Play: Create a Thread
If you want to win a free Nexus 7 tablet, then you will have to create some entertainment-related content that is appealing to your peers.
- Login to Android and Me or Join Now if you do not have an account
- Create a new entertainment related thread and make sure it appears in category Entertainment
- Quality threads will be promoted to the Entertainment Channel and be entered to win
- Contest will run for two weeks and we will announce the winner on Monday, September 10th.
Example threads include:
- Review your favorite Android app: Submit a 500 word review of any Android app that you would recommend to others. Format should include a list of good points, not-so-good points, and final words. Give the app a score of 1 to 10, with 10 being the best.
- Review any entertainment accessory or service: Have a favorite streaming music service? Let us know the good and the bad with a review. Example – Sony SmartWatch Review
- Write a how-to guide: Example – How to sync your music collection to the cloud.
- Any topic related to mobile entertainment: Entertainment is a pretty broad topic, so be creative. We are mainly looking at apps and accessories related to movies and music, but there are other entertainment services available on the go.
Tips for making threads:
- Our threads are different from traditional forums. It will cost users 20 points to post a thread. Points are earned by leaving comments and having others upvote your comments. Read more about threads.
- To get everyone rolling, we are turning on a POINT MULTIPLIER for leaving a comment on this post.
- Don’t rush to create a thread! Spend some time crafting your idea and putting some thought into it before you post.
- Be descriptive with your thread title. A post with the title “Android apps” is not going to attract others.
- Ask yourself the question: “Would this thread be worthy of appearing as a post on the front page?”
Multiple Chances to Win
We are giving away one Nexus 7 for our Entertainment Channel, but we still have two more tablets up for grabs. Over the coming weeks we will be launching channels for Fitness and Parenting. We will not be accepting entries for those giveaways yet, but you can start thinking up creative ideas for a thread you might want to create.
This contest is open to residents of the United States, Canada, UK, Australia, and Germany. Entries will be accepted for two weeks after the contest goes live. We’ll announce the winner on this page and on our Twitter account as soon as we draw.
Congratulations to Esoth for winning the Entertainment Channel challenge.