Aug 16 AT 4:32 PM Taylor Wimberly 47 Comments

Top 10 Tower Defense and Offense Games for Android

anomaly-soldier-630

What are the most addicting games on Android? Tower defense games are easy to pick up and play, and the endless waves of enemies make you want to keep coming back for more. We’ve been playing tower defense games since the early days of Android, so we rounded up our Top 10 picks. Read on to see if your favorite game made our list.

Tips before you make a purchase

Please read the user reviews of a game before you make a purchase. It helps to filter reviews by your device and the latest version. Some games might play great on one phone, but have a lot of issues with another device.

1. Anomaly Warzone Earth HD

The story: Take control of the attacking force, pitting your heavily armored squad against the destructive towers of an alien horde. Carefully lead your squad through the invaders’ defenses, shattering their towers and turrets with special weapons and power-ups in this groundbreaking new experience in tower offense.

Why it’s different: Gameplay follows your convoy as you attack an enemy base. Each mission has varied objectives.

2. Strikefleet Omega

The story: As Omega’s Admiral, you are charged with a desperate mission–find the Queen and stop her before she obliterates our remaining colonies. Warping from star system to star system in your search, Strikefleet Omega struggles to survive an onslaught of enemy attacks while mining precious crystals which allow you to warp in reinforcements from the last remaining shipyard in the Armada.

Why it’s different: Very unique gameplay experience. Launch fighter squadrons and control their flight path with a drag of your finger.

3. Radiant Defense

The story: Radiant Defense is a tower defense game set in a vibrant universe invaded by countless alien hordes. Build your space fortress any way you wish, set up wide variety of weapons and traps and let the invasions begin.

Why it’s different: Features retro graphics and signature soundtrack by Kubatko.

4. Sentinel 3: Homeworld

The story: Take the fight to the alien homeworld and unleash a massive arsenal of weaponry & get up close and personal on the battlefield in your power armor to execute devastating attacks and support your defenses!

Why it’s different: In addition to turrents, ships, and drones, you also get to control your own mech unit which can level up and gain new abilities as you play.

5. Babel Rising 3D!

The story: Play God Almighty in Babel Rising 3D to prevent the Babylonians from building the famous Babel tower. Unleash your wrath and mortify these arrogant humans with your divine powers. Summon bolts of lightning, massive earthquakes, meteor showers or vengeful floods upon the Babylonians.

Why it’s different: Some of the best graphics for any defense game. Maps rotate in 3D and there are lots of multi-touch gestures to launch your attacks.

6. Arel Wars 2

The story: The three tribes of Union, Buster and Deven lived peacefully amongst one another until one day, from the Deven clan, rose Destroin- the evil twin brother of Adonis. Seeking to rule the world whilst bringing destruction and demise, Destroin leads his troops to the neighboring tribes. Amidst the chaos, the three tribes rise in to action and ready their troops for battle.

Why it’s different: Super deep gameplay with tons of RPG elements. Challenge other players in PvP, which is rare for a defense game.

7. Samurai vs. Zombie Defense

The story: Play as the heroic Samurai and defend your village against hordes of attacking zombies! Recruit allies and build defenses to stop them!

Why it’s different: Play as a Samurai or Zombie. Powerup your hero to launch special moves and summon tons of allies to defend your tower and attack the enemy tower.

8. Jelly Defense

The story: Join the Jelly forces now and lead them to glory in this uneven and fierce fight against the invaders! Use your tactical skills and wisdom to tip the scales of victory in your favor in order to save the Diploglobe and the Jelly nation from the agressors!

Why it’s different: Unique and beautiful cartoon world.

9. Tower Defense

The story: In search of resources that are no longer provided on Earth, you followed a probe released by humans years ago in hopes of discovering an alternative planet. Take command of towers with special weapons to hold your defense against endless waves of enemies on the hostile alien planet.

Why it’s different: Pretty traditional tower defense game as name suggest, but it does feature four different game play modes across five different worlds.

10. Guns n Glory WW2

The story: Grab your bazookas and ready your grenades in the thrilling successor to the award-winning action-strategy game Guns’n’Glory! Order your tanks into combat and march your troops to the frontlines of World War II. Axis or Allies – the battle will be decided by you.

Why it’s different: Nothing too special, but I enjoyed the defense gameplay and the WW2 cartoon theme.

Honorable Mentions

We limited this list to our Top 10 picks, but there are plenty of other great defense games out there. Some notables that you might want to check out include Field Runners HD, Empire Defense 2, Garfield’s Defense, Empire vs Orcs, Hex Defense, Lair Defense, Myth Defense LF, and the classic Robo Defense.

Help Adjust Our Ratings

Want to help improve our rankings? If you are a fan of tower defense games, please select your favorite three games below.

1. I’m not a big tower defense guy. I bought Jelly Defense and didnt like it. I do like Plants vs Zombies which did not make your list. Side note: I like how some games add a tower defense wrinkle to it like what Gameloft did with N.O.V.A. 2.

2. ChaosKillerGuest 3 years ago

Hmm I disagree with you on Babel Rising. The controls are (at least for me) terrible and the amount of spells is not good.

3. bbGuest 3 years ago

How do you get the filter review? Is it only available on the desktop?

4. JasonGuest 3 years ago

I have NO idea how you managed to compile 18 tower defense games and NOT list Towers n Trolls! There’s no way this game isn’t in the top 3. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=project.android.ftdjni

5. I played Anomaly War Zone Earth on the 360 months ago and thought it would be way better served on a mobile platform. I didn’t realize until now that it was available on android. I bought it right away and its pretty awesome.
    I’m not even a huge fan of tower defense, but this one is so different that it works.

6. Nice list. Can I request a list for fighting games (like Nintendo’s Super Smash Brothers)?

7. You missed one that I find pretty fun – Grave Defense:

They even have a licensed Night of the Living Dead edition though it is not as fun IMO:

8. I love Jelly Defense (though I initially cringed at the 2.99 price), however after purchase, I’m VERY glad I did. It’s worth skipping the pack of gum for this – music and little sound effects are entertaining and gameplay is definitely challenging. I haven’t tried Radiant Defense yet, but I may have to look into this…

9. Ziox OddGuest 3 years ago

I personally love Defender II it has great game play and an online mode to play against others trying to keep the base alive longer than the other person.

10. I know I’m in the minority, but I just voted as my dad, and he loves Tower Defense!

11. Really loves Sentinel 3 but releasing a 2nd campaign that was an IAP really put me off. Never been a fan of IAP in games you already paid for.

12. I can’t believe Dungeon Defenders isn’t on this list. O_O

13. Awesome, a few new games to try. I’m quite addicted to tower defence on my commute to work!

14. [IMG]http://images.mobilism.org/?dm=RW0Q[/IMG]

i would personally suggest Asuri tower defense, it the best game i ever played on android market

Free: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.omviwe.AsuriTD
    Paid: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.omviwe.AsuriTDFull

15. I highly recommend Crystal defenders to anyone who likes this genre.

16. Happy to see Jelly Defense get props. It’s bright and cartoony design was sure to turn off some gamers, but it’s so polished and fun that it really deserves a look if you enjoy the genre.

17. Tomtani1Guest 2 years ago

Defense Zone HD is a great tower defense game. Defense Zone 2 HD just came out and it is better than the original. The Google Play reviews for the two games has them highly rated.

• kolemboGuest 2 years ago

Definately! I’ve been on a tower defense frenzy this month so I’ve worked through them all – the physics, the graphics and the sound combine to great a fantastic game here.

I was up the whole night…and then again the night after.. Beautiful.

18. SameerGuest 2 years ago

I would pu Rolling Towers on the top…For sure!

19. Tower GamerGuest 2 years ago

My favorite one is Sentinel 3. If you guys want to play the best tower defense games on the web, go to http://totaldefensegames.com

They are a new arcade site that add only the best defense games to the site.

20. Best Addicting GamesGuest 2 years ago

Superb post and the information given in this blog is really nice.

21. Too bad the best games always have to be paid for…

22. Jetpack Joyride is one of the best games I’ve played this year… so simple but so fun

23. RondreGuest 2 years ago

Can’t believe tower raiders didn’t even get an honorable mention – that is one of my favs!

24. TanjaGuest 2 years ago

What about GRave Defense HD? It is really great classic TD game!

25. PatGuest 2 years ago

Bloons TD 5, one of the best TD game I have ever played on PC, just released on mid-December for Android and that’s why it is not on the list.

26. LucyGuest 2 years ago

I really enjoy Toy Defense, definitely one of the best in its genre! And it’s FREE, so make sure to check it out:

27. omarenmGuest 2 years ago

If you are a fan of TD Games, you MUST try Tower Raiders 2, It’s very challenging and really good.

28. vickyGuest 2 years ago

Defence zone is the best defence game available in playstore,superb graphics,superb effect.

29. Peter GamesGuest 2 years ago

“Bug Rush” is pretty awesome too – offers simpler yet more in depth gameplay and it’s free.

30. androidos4Guest 2 years ago

Игры Tower Defence для андроид (Tower Defense на android) http://androidos4.ru

31. RVBGuest 1 year ago

Check out the game “ReKillers”! Its a neat twist on tower defense and requires more strategy..

32. hbGuest 1 year ago

Guys you must try Anomaly 2 .. its worth it
    easy controls
    tones of new tranformable units
    new 3d graphics with different settings
    multiplayer
    and offcourse… KILL THE DAMN MACHINES!!

33. REDAGuest 1 year ago

THANK YOU FOR THIS GAMES CLICK HERE FOR MORE GAMES MODE HACK : http://bit.ly/1mqAFfu

34. DarkSoulGuest 9 months ago

I found Zombie Attack: Apocalypse really addicting. It’s a wall defense, not a tower defense, but still worth a shot. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.GameSin.ZombieAttack

35. Wearable GameGuest 4 months ago

Thanks for Sharing! I want to share Wearable Game. Burj Builder is a superb, physics-based tower building game – only people with quickfire building skills need apply. Get this Wearable Game Here >>>