If you’re the proud owner of a Sony Xperia P, we’re happy to inform you that Sony has just released the Android 4.0 update for your device. In a perfect world, Sony would have launched the phone with Ice Cream Sandwich, but we’re not here to judge.
Most users will get an update notification on their device once the Android 4.0 update for their Sony Xperia P is available in their region, but in some cases users will need to use Sony’s PC Companion or Bridge for Mac to download and install the firmware update.
Check out the video below for a details Android 4.0 walk-through on the Sony Xperia P
Sony Xperis P Android 4.0 features
- New ways to experience your media with new media applications – “WALKMAN”, “Album” and “Movies”
- Extended standby mode, increasing standby time by up to four times (depending on user-profile and data consumption)
- Lock screen with improved functionality
- Resizable widgets for improved personalization
- Improved control of your mobile data consumption
- Recent Apps button for a clear overview of your applications
According to Sony’s blog, the Xperia U, Xperia sola and Xperia go are next on the list to receive the Android 4.0 update. Most of you would rather skip Android 4.0 and jump to Android 4.1 to get a taste of Google Now, Project Butter and enhanced notifications, but you’ll just have to wait your turn just like everyone else.