Aug 24 AT 8:52 AM Nick Gray 28 Comments

An inside look at the inspiration and design process behind the Samsung Galaxy S III

samsung_galaxy_s_iii_production

The Samsung Galaxy S III is currently the most popular Android phone on the market. While it’s been available in Europe and the U.S. for some time, we really have not gotten a close look at how the handset was designed and manufactured. We’ve all seen the official promotional videos which were shown off at the handset’s unveiling in London, but many of us will find this new video a bit more appealing since it gives us a look (a pretty brief one at that) inside Samsung and what goes on behind the scenes.

Samsung’s video of the Galaxy S III isn’t as detailed as the HTC EVO LTE video from a few months back or even the Nexus One design series which was released by Google, but it’s still a nice try. Do any of you appreciate these videos that manufacturers are pushing out or is it simply another marketing ploy to get you to buy their phones?

Via: Engadget

Source: Samsung Tomorrow

• triangle

Nothing more annoying that heading “Rolling in the deep” by Adele during Apple’s iphone 4S video – why does that make any sense?

• Lance EPO Armstrong (catch me if you can)

After watching this, its absolutely clear why Apple with its shiny iPhone is so far ahead….

• halo0

Well of course it’s a marketing ploy! Duh.

• h0ruza

Please Samsung, Please!

• clocinnorcal

• MyMilan

Aluminum doesn’t crack and looks much classier.

• PacoBell

I’d love to see you try to crack the rear cover of the S3. It may bend, it may even crease, but it will never crack.

• clocinnorcal

• Jason H

Is there a way to change the Galaxy S III lock screen to not allow anything to be done until the screen is unlocked?

I find it really annoying that my phone can be powered off or the volume changed while the screen is locked. Of course, it’s nice that I can manually do it but it pretty much defeats the point of a lock screen if the phone gets turned off by the button getting held down in my belt holster (it’s happened more than once) and I end up missing phone calls. Is there a setting I’m missing somewhere?

• http://htcsource.com Nick Gray

• MoSDeeb

• droilfade

On another note, there was a time when I used to wake up to nature’s sounds…now it has to be incorporated into a phone! Sad.

• www.phonewbie.com

• steve

• steve

Watch It now!

• Simon Deroux

The cheap plastic still looks like ass tho.

• Hom0ncruse

They are asians after all, its always crap.
      The last time they used non-plastic materials was back in the good old days as they bombed pearl harbor!
      You cant trust asians, they will betray you sooner or later like the US government did when they invented the weapons of mass destruction to invade the shelterless iraq.

Bottom line is, buy american phones instead.

• http://htcsource.com Nick Gray

Great! Can you please tell me which american made phone I can buy?

• Kimberly Wimberly

Motorola. Moto Moto!

Motorola – proud sponsor of NFL head coach headsets

• DroidRoca!

lol, one day i was driving and I saw some guy wearing one of those big headsets..good times…good times (yea off the topic but I’m saying it anyway)

• Ray

You are always first to leave the DUMBEST comments. What a waste of sperm. Shame on your parents for buying cheap condoms. SHAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!…(well, maybe not to that extreme, but still..lol)

• f**k you Hom0ncruse

you f**k racist

• Paul

“Ok so the Galaxy S II is a big success, what will the Galaxy S III look like?”
    “How about we go with a theme. Like nature or something”
    “Ok, take the Galaxy S II, make it a little thinner, a bigger screen, better specs, round it out a little and lets say it was inspired by nature”
    “No problem sir”
    “And lets slap some nature pictures on it and release some videos about how it was inspired by nature and blah blah blah”
    “Ok”

• Stella

• kwills88

• dVyper

1. I definitely enjoy seeing some of the process behind the phones and am really glad that they didn’t use pop songs as the background music for the video.

• Lance EPO Armstrong (catch me if you can)Guest 3 years ago

2. Well of course it’s a marketing ploy! Duh.

3. All very good but all I really want is for them to build the next Galaxy S out of more than buffed up thin plastics.

Please Samsung, Please!

• I actually don’t mind the plastic at all, in fact I prefer it over aluminum. Much lighter and does not dent.

• Aluminum doesn’t crack and looks much classier.

• PacoBellGuest 3 years ago

• No, but it dents. Sometimes that “corner” dent will cause the glass screen to crack. But you are right. Aluminum looks much classier.

4. Jason HGuest 3 years ago

• Turning off those features would be extremely annoying for me. I use my phone for music all the time and I’d hate to have to unlock my phone every time i wanted to make a volume adjustment. Hardware buttons should always have precedence over software.

5. I would have liked to see more of the manufacturing process as I enjoy documentaries. This was still a nice behind the scenes look.

• That’s true! Maybe like the HTC one with the electrode pain technique( think that’s what it was).

6. I like that they did this. More companies should do it. Millions of people purchase their products and this kinda makes them feel a lil closer to sammy with this “inside look.”

7. steveGuest 3 years ago

8. steveGuest 3 years ago

Watch It now!

9. Simon DerouxGuest 3 years ago

The cheap plastic still looks like ass tho.

• Hom0ncruseGuest 3 years ago

They are asians after all, its always crap.

Bottom line is, buy american phones instead.

• Great! Can you please tell me which american made phone I can buy?

• Kimberly WimberlyGuest 3 years ago

Motorola. Moto Moto!

Motorola – proud sponsor of NFL head coach headsets

• DroidRoca!Guest 3 years ago

• RayGuest 3 years ago

• f**k you Hom0ncruseGuest 3 years ago

you f**k racist

10. PaulGuest 3 years ago

“Ok so the Galaxy S II is a big success, what will the Galaxy S III look like?”
    “How about we go with a theme. Like nature or something”
    “No problem sir”
    “Ok”

11. I like getting insight into what the designer’s were inspired by. “The pebbles in a stream sparkling under the sunlight”…that’s poetic design.

12. I can’t be the only one who thinks their “design for humans” slogan was a direct shot and iPhone users considering they’re called Sheeps.

13. I’m not an Apple person at all but even I can admit that at least their documentary videos are way more interesting. I feel like I’ve wasted 5 minutes of my life :-(