Oct 04 AT 9:14 AM Taylor Wimberly 20 Comments

T-Mobile CEO says they will create the number one value carrier in the United States

john-legere-630

T-Mobile’s new CEO John Legere has only been on the job a month, so we haven’t seen him do too many interviews yet. This week he appeared on CNBC to address the skeptics that have called the merger with MetroPCS a shotgun wedding. Mr. Legere explained that the new spectrum from MetroPCS will make their network 40% better and said, “We will have a much faster nationwide deployment to 4G LTE, one that will be superior to competitive with everybody.”

We already know that T-Mobile is a value leader offering the most choice for wireless plans including contract, no-contract monthly, SIM-only, pay-as-you-go and mobile broadband services. They already have the fastest 4G HSPA+ network that outperforms LTE in certain areas, so it will be interesting to see how their own LTE network performs when it goes live next year.

MetroPCS currently offers no-contract LTE service with plans starting at $40 per month, and we are hoping that the new T-Mobile will eventually offer pre-paid plans with 4G LTE data that support unlocked phones.

Check out the video interview below and let us know what you think. Is T-Mobile on the right path to challenging AT&T and Verizon?

• Darknight42020

We’ll see…

• early bird

he smiles like a horse

• http://ArtisticAbode.com BetterWithRoot

“Smile bigger! I want you to show teeth…or else…”

• deadpenguins

And if I’m not mistaken, he has a rather nasty case of lazy eye.

• TheTruthSquad

I am still hooked to Verizon for a year so I have time to see what TM can do. I am single so the VS shared plan is a ripoff. I hope these people come through with a good 4G plan.

• anthony

that is one ugly dude

• gottmar

This dude scares the hell out of me. His artificial smiling is terrifying.

• jamal adam

Not as terrifying as Romney’s.

• co.ag.2005
  • Ardrid

• Dezzy

Does this mean we will no longer receive flagship devices on Tmobile? Like we didnt get the One x in April.LIke we’re not getting the One X+ because AT&T has another exclusivity deal?

• Raptor

Cheap-Mobile, Ladies and Gentlemen.

• rfgenerator

T-Mobile is also not getting the Lumia 920 as that was announced as yet another “A Fee & Fee” exclusive. It appears in the future T-Mobile indeed will not be getting topline phones. It will be all middle range and lower. It also doesn’t look like they will be expanding their coverage much. Areas of T-Mobile that are stuck on GPRS and EDGE appear to be pretty much screwed as far as any upgrade to data speeds are concerned. I have a feeling urban areas will be getting shored up coverage, but if you plan on travelling outside of city limits, T-Mobile probably won’t be the best choice for you. My contract is up in about a year and at that time I fear my 8 year tenure with T-Mobile will come to a close. Don’t really want to pay a ton more to go to Verizon, but if T-Mobile becomes the home of cheapo phones and crappy coverage without hopes of upgrades, then I’m afraid that’s what I will have to do.

• jamal adam

• Nathan D.

• revs

hope tht iphone wasnt a personal phone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Raptor

Have you noticed from this chart

that

- Tmo gets 2+ TIMES larger revenue per contract then cheap Tracphone?
    - Same revenue/contract as Sprint
    - But MetroPCS gets more revenue/contract means that New Company will charge you more?

Means prepare to pay MORE then now.

• DroidPower

• DroidPower

• Maria

No thx, i just signed a new contract on att with the new iphone 5

1. We’ll see…

• early birdGuest 3 years ago

he smiles like a horse

• I was noting that myself. Maybe not a horse, but definitely that is a forced smile. Like someone off camera is holding his family ransom if he doesn’t smile big.

“Smile bigger! I want you to show teeth…or else…”

• deadpenguinsGuest 3 years ago

And if I’m not mistaken, he has a rather nasty case of lazy eye.

2. TheTruthSquadGuest 3 years ago

3. anthonyGuest 3 years ago

that is one ugly dude

4. gottmarGuest 3 years ago

This dude scares the hell out of me. His artificial smiling is terrifying.

5. I absolutely love the sound of that. Better value is something I think we can all agree on. And I think we’d all kill for LTE access on our prepaid plans, which I believe T-Mobile/MetroPCS will be able to deliver

6. DezzyGuest 3 years ago

• RaptorGuest 3 years ago

Cheap-Mobile, Ladies and Gentlemen.

• rfgeneratorGuest 3 years ago

7. I have faith that T-Mobile will make a great turnaround and be even better in the coming years.

8. Hey if they get a better value then what they have already and roll out lte faster, then I’m all for it. I can’t wait to have lte phone in my pocket from t-mobile.

9. revsGuest 3 years ago

hope tht iphone wasnt a personal phone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. RaptorGuest 3 years ago

Have you noticed from this chart

that

- Tmo gets 2+ TIMES larger revenue per contract then cheap Tracphone?
    - Same revenue/contract as Sprint

Means prepare to pay MORE then now.

• highly doubt it. tmobile’s monthly 4g non-contract plans are a great value already. it wouldn’t make sense for them to start raising the price and lose their competitiveness.

11. saw the interview this morning. it’s good that he was trying to sell the value point cuz tmobile definitely has the best value. He did a funny thing where he kept on waving the iPhone in and out of the camera to answer the question about iphone carriage and then started to wave a GSIII in and out too. Go TMOBILE

12. MariaGuest 3 years ago