Today LG announced that their flagship Android smartphone, the Optimus G, was coming to AT&T and Sprint. No pricing or availability was revealed, but we expect those details should be coming from the carriers soon. We expect the LG Optimus G to be the fastest Android phone available this year, as it features Qualcomm’s new 1.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro chip.
“LG Optimus G is the culmination of cutting-edge technologies provided by LG’s class-leading global entities,” said James Fishler, senior vice president, marketing and go-to-market operations, LG Electronics USA. “Drawing upon expertise from the LG Mobile Communications Company, LG Display, LG Chem and LG Innotek , we have carefully designed a new superphone that encourages users to step beyond everyday boundaries and explore a limitless world of power and creativity.”
If you haven’t been keeping up, check out our previous post 5 reasons your next smartphone might be from LG to get all the details.
LG Optimus G Key Specifications:
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro Processor with 1.5GHz Quad-Core CPU, Adreno 320 GPU with 4G LTE
- Operating System: Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Network: 2G / 3G / 4G LTE
- Display: 4.7-inch WXGA True HD IPS+ (1280×768 pixels) / 15:9 ratio
- Memory: 32GB
- RAM: 2GB DDR
- Cameras: 13.0MP rear / 1.3MP front
- Battery: 2,100 mAh
- Size: 131.9 x 68.9 x 8.45mm
- Weight: 145g
- Other: Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, USB2.0 HS, A-GPS, MHL, DLNA, NFC