Today AT&T announced they would be the exclusive US carrier of the Sony Xperia TL. This is the same device known at the Xperia T overseas, but the Xperia TL is optimized to run on AT&T’s 4G LTE network. No pricing or availability were revealed, but those details should be coming soon.
The Xperia TL is Sony’s flagship device and it features their best mobile camera technology, best display, and it’s Playstation certified. We haven’t spent any hands-on time with the Xperia TL yet, but we expect a similar overall experience as the HTC One X and Samsung Galaxy S III.
Highlights of the device include:
- Android 4.0.4 (upgradedable to Android 4.1)
- 4.6-inch HD display (1280 x 720), powered by the Mobile BRAVIA Engine
- 13-megapixel primary camera, full 1080p HD video recording
- 1.5 GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 Plus
- 16 GB storage, 1 GB RAM
- MHL, NFC, Bluetooth 3.1, microSD slot
- 1850 mAh Li-Ion battery
- Playstation Certified
Overall it looks like a quality high-end device from Sony and we are excited to take it for a spin. The unlocked version is not available for sale in the US, but we will be keeping an eye out for it and let you know when it lands.