Samsung’s Galaxy S 4 was expected to go on sale this weekend in the US, but “overwhelming demand” has pushed back the launch for several carriers. As of this writing, only AT&T plans to sell the device this Saturday, April 27th, while Sprint and T-Mobile have pushed back their releases. Verizon also announced their pre-order would begin tomorrow, but the device will not be in stores for another month.
The latest US release dates for the Samsung Galaxy S 4 include:
- AT&T: Pre-order now, in stores on April 27th
- Sprint: Pre-order now, available online April 27th, in stores “slightly delayed”
- T-Mobile: Pre-order coming soon, available online April 29, in select stores on May 8th, in all stores on May 15th
- Verizon: Pre-order tomorrow, available in stores May 30th
- US Cellular: Pre-order now, in stores on April 30th
In total, the Galaxy S 4 will be available on seven US carriers and sold at seven retail outlets.
We have had a review unit of the Galaxy S 4 for a week and we can say the device lives up to the hype, so it’s definitely worth waiting for if you have already made up you mind.