May 09 AT 1:14 PM Taylor Wimberly 15 Comments

ASUS teases new Transformer tablet with a stylus?

asus-transform-computex

The ASUS Transformer Prime tablet was one of the most hyped Android devices of all time, but all that buzz didn’t exactly translate into massive sales numbers. We are still fans of the tablet-with-keyboard form factor, so it’s nice to see that ASUS will be releasing a new model soon. In a new teaser for Computex 2012, ASUS shows off an unannounced blank slate that has a stylus coming out of it.

We don’t know much about the next ASUS Transformer, but rumors suggest it will be powered by NVIDIA’s Tegra 4 chip. The Transformer Prime was the first device powered by Tegra 3, so it makes sense that ASUS might be one of the first Android tablets with Tegra 4.

Computex takes places June 3rd, so we have less than a month before the full details are revealed. ASUS has a teaser page for their press event with blank spaces for four more videos, so we should get some more clues soon.

Via: Engadget

Source: ASUS

• Satchit

Pretty sure the OG transformer uses a Tegra 2 chip. I’m typing this on one.

• mattcoz

• Ryan J. Stansbury

Start working at home with Google! It’s by-far the best job Ive had. Last Tuesday I bought a gorgeous Lancia Straton from earning $4331 this — 5 weeks past. I began this 7 months ago and right away started to earn at least $69, per-hr. I use this website,, http://qr.net/Jobs100

• http://androidandme.com Taylor Wimberly

You sir, are correct.

• Steve Smith

Another new hybrid tablet to launch is the Aocos Hummingbird PX103 — similar to the Asus Transformer, and this 10-inch device is the third edition since its original release last year and offers impressive features for a mid-range tablet… with a hard cover with a reversible built in keyboard, along with the latest Rockchip Quad Core processor, an HD 1280×800 IPS screen, Bluetooth (works with built-in keyboard), HDMI, Dual Cameras, a 7000 mAh battery, Android 4.2.2 and Google Play… it features an ultra-thin 9.6mm profile and weighs in at 1.4lbs… and is priced at $239 — and one of the first sites it’s available through is TabletSprint –

• redraider133

• renyo

Full HD (or higher) display at less than $350 and I’m in!

• Mikes_phone_and_tab

• Nathan D.

I hope it am awesome tablet, can’t wait to see the specs on this thing.

• donger
  • ionorov

It hurts my brain that only Samsung sees the value in styluses. A Transformer with an HD screen, keyboard dock _and_ a stylus would really put pressure on the Galaxy Note lineup.

• Robert Jakiel

• Kingprotector

I’ve been waiting for a small tablet with decent specs and with a digitizer stylus for a long time. I was disappointed when the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 came out with a boring, cheap looking and feeling, old plastic design, so so resolution and a very h price. I’m looking forward to this one. These are my specs wish; 8 inch 3:4 aspect HD screen, thin and light with Nexus 7 type back and a $299 or less price.

• Ben

It isn’t just a stylus,they need to copy samsung and include software that ties the stylus with the device, tightly integrating the stylus with the OS. I’d also like to see more media centric software with this device, photoshop, drawing apps, music recording apps, etc.

1. SatchitGuest 2 years ago

Pretty sure the OG transformer uses a Tegra 2 chip. I’m typing this on one.

• Yeah, the original was Tegra 2, the Transformer Prime was the first with Tegra 3.

• Ryan J. StansburyGuest 2 years ago

• Steve SmithGuest 2 years ago

2. Asus makes some nice products and they are also some of the first for updates so I will be interested to see what they come out with

3. Full HD (or higher) display at less than $350 and I’m in!

4. When it comes to phones, computers,and televisions I usually buy all Samsung, however I have a tablet made by Asus. I have really wanted to try to make my whole experience Samsung including my tablet, but the keyboard that comes with my Transformer Infinity is much too compelling, at the same time I really want my tablet to have a stylist like the Galaxy Note 10.1. I would also like front facing speakers. If I could get a keyboard dock, a stylus, and front facing speakers, with a full HD display, Tegra 4 processor, and the same aluminum design that my InfinitY has, that would be the perfect tablet.

5. I hope it am awesome tablet, can’t wait to see the specs on this thing.

6. I just hope this kicks off a stylus war between the big manufacturers. Having an active digitizer is a brilliant add-on to tablets. It’s so productive… you can do drawings, annotate on PDFs, non-latin/english speakers can write in their native scripts, write equations and do illustrations, etc.

7. Make it a Tegra 4 w/ 4 Gig RAM with a dock and a stylus and I will be all giddy and happy inside.

8. KingprotectorGuest 2 years ago