Jul 29 AT 8:20 AM Steve Raycraft 23 Comments

Top 10 most popular Android apps from last week

Android_apps_design

Every week we cover new Android apps with Fresh Meat on Wednesday, followed by Android Gaming on Thursday and Top 10 app updates on Friday. On Mondays we look back to see which ones were the most crowd-pleasing among our audience. Read on for the 10 most popular Android apps among your peers from last week.

1. Twilight

twilight-630

Twilight continues to solidify itself as one of your top apps to download.

2. Taskbar – Windows 8 Style

Taskbar - Windows 8 Style

Great application for those looking to replicate the Windows look on their device.

3. Floating Touch

Floating Touch

Floating touch provides quick access to settings options on your device including turning on/off WiFi and adjusting the brightness.

4. Pimp Your Screen with Widgets

Pimp Your Screen

Pimp Your screen helps you customize your device.

5. Awoken – Lucid Dreaming Tool

Awoken

If you’ve ever desired to learn about Lucid dreaming, make sure you check out Awoken.

6. Locket

Locket

Locket allows you to earn money simply from swiping your lock screen.

7. dialapp: context aware dialer

dialapp context aware dialer

Dialapp is a solid dialer replacement that utilizes a new approach in managing your call history.

8. PowerLine

PowerLine

Powerline is a great app that provides a slick visual overview of your device.

9. Sparky Lock Screen

Sparky Lock Screen

Simple and unique lock screen options make Sparky stand out.

10. Unit Converter Ultimate

Unit Converter Ultimate

This is my new go-to application when needing to convert units.

I was first introduced to Android with the Samsung Fascinate and I've been hooked ever since. I love the customization that Android offers the user to personalize their phone. I enjoy writing and have been blessed with the opportunity to share this passion for Android with others.

• Jean-Bernard Collet

Checkout my new game featuring Google Play Game Service’s achievements, leaderboards and multiplayer games : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=be.webperso.android.lependu ! I hope you will enjoy !

• SGB101

Something like ‘the top apps that deserve more love’ and never repeating an app.

• donger

Agreed, always seeing Twilight.

• hawaiianpnch

Agreed. Doesn’t seem like they care about this section much anymore. It was my favorite. Also, I just can’t see how Twilight is that popular of an app.

• epps720

• Jon Garrett

• http://www.androidandme.com Brooks Barnard

Just know we read the comments, and we have things in the works. Sometimes with these types of posts it takes time to organize how it will work and flow and takes some time to implement.

• Matt

They’ve listed the same apps 3x already. Hope Taylor was compensated handsomely because the site has gotten as bad as other Phone dog. They just wanted his name cuz, their site didn’t get as many hits

• Albin

I’ve only been reading a few weeks but already agree with these comments – if they were broken down into half a dozen categories of apps and each only reported every six or eight weeks it would be more interesting.

• MasterSyrron

I tried out LOCKET, and had an unauthorized PayPal transaction (thankfully I caught before it went through). Too much of a coincidence for me to ignore.

• epps720

How does Chromecast not make this list?

• Ruthie A. Leftwich

my buddy’s mother-in-law makes ($)70/hour on the internet. She has been fired from work for ten months but last month her payment was ($)21593 just working on the internet for a few hours. Read more on this site… c­a­n9­9.â„‚­â„´­M

• Fahad

Visit techxon.blogspot.com to
    Download Android Paid Apps For Free

• Google apps
  • Square Drive

Great list of best Android apps!!! Personally i like Pimp Your Screen with Widgets. Have a look at my brand new app specifically for cricket fans- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.squaredrive

• Digin

Check out this link to get the source code of a cool android application…

• Marie

Great!! Absolutely popular apps!! I have an interesting android bookmaker to create functional android book apps. It helps the authors to market their e-books on android in an uncomplicated, efficient and swift manner. Your common text files get a makeover and become scrolling e-book apps that are embedded with illustrations and many more elements that may or may not be present in real books. http://www.androidbookmaker.com/

• rakesh verma

These above method will help you unlock your android phone which have been lock by password or even the popular pattern lock easily but NOTE …

• veronica

i just love your weekly apps updates , here is the list of my all time favorite apps http://9to5best.com/top-10-time-best-android-apps/

• farid ali

Hi, there are lot of paid and free android apps which you can download direct to your PC and Mobile device too

• Kara

Great List! I like Awoken – Lucid Dreaming Tool, simple yet practical and found this app to be a really straight forward that covered all the basic needs of a lucid dreamer. And more than anything it was super easy to use! Also i too like “Taskbar – Windows 8 Style” for its minimalistic look and feel. This makes multi-tasking a breeze. Thanks for the wonderful share! http://www.trewidm.com/

• Kuchan Rajesh

teamViewer
    TrueCaller
    TubeMate
    Whatsapp
    WiFi Keyboard

• Rob Ford

Here’s a new method for android, it’s the easiest possible way to install apps, music & more for FREE!

1. Jean-Bernard ColletGuest 2 years ago

2. I was a fan of the section, but as the apps don’t move all that quick up a d down the android charts, I think this style of weeks app posts need re working.

• Agreed, always seeing Twilight.

• hawaiianpnchGuest 2 years ago

• Agree, don’t know if it was just me but I checked it out and hated it immediately. Just found it really annoying.

• doesn’t seem like they care about this site that much, even before they sold it. they don’t update their stories much. sometimes stories here are a week old.

• I know Steve is working on some new content along these lines. AAM has their methods for collecting these “most popular” apps and Steve has continued those to use those methods, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t more interesting ways to report popular or useful content.

• MattGuest 2 years ago

3. AlbinGuest 2 years ago

4. MasterSyrronGuest 2 years ago

5. How does Chromecast not make this list?

• Ruthie A. LeftwichGuest 2 years ago

6. FahadGuest 2 years ago

Visit techxon.blogspot.com to
    Download Android Paid Apps For Free

7. Google appsGuest 2 years ago
  8. Square DriveGuest 2 years ago

9. DiginGuest 2 years ago

Check out this link to get the source code of a cool android application…

10. MarieGuest 2 years ago