Jul 25 AT 11:41 AM Dima Aryeh 25 Comments

Oppo Find 7 details leak, 4,000 mAh battery makes us giddy

oppo-find-7

The Oppo Find 5 was one of the first devices to be sold with a 1080p panel, and it became quite popular around here despite never being sold in the US. A lot of people know the name, and that’s quite a feat. It was a very nice phone for a good price, and it looks like Oppo is trying to follow up the 5′s success. But this new device will be a lot more high-end. Here’s what it will include:

• 5-inch 1080p display
  • Snapdragon 800 processor
  • 2GB RAM
  • 32GB internal storage
  • 13MP main camera, 8MP front camera
  • 4000 mAh battery
  • Android 4.2 Jelly Bean

With a 1080p panel just like its predecessor and a beastly Snapdragon 800 processor, it should be insanely fast. But what excites us is that giant battery. At 4,000 mAh, it’s 900 mAh bigger than the already large battery in the Samsung Galaxy Note II. It’s exciting to see how long it’ll last; two days of juice would be awesome.

The device has no release date, but will go on sale in China for the high-end price of $699. With those specs, it makes sense. Still, it’s a pretty steep price for an unlocked device. Once it comes out (hopefully sometime this Fall), would you be willing to buy one?

Source: Phone Arena

• kennyG

I have the 5 and my wife..loves it,.So i may give the 5 to wifey..
    And get the Oppo 7 for…me :D

• http://www.androidandme.com Dima Aryeh

BRILLIANT! You’ll seem like a good husband while simultaneously getting a new phone!

• theSUBVERSIVEBIRDS

So many of us do so. I pass my phone to my girlfriend as I get a new one… hahahaha…

• epps720

Wow 4000 mAh battery and 8MP FRONT facing camera! That’s Awesome!

• MrMrMan

If this has a microsd card slot it might just be my next phone.

• MC_Android

If I remember correctly, Oppo tends to not offer expandable storage…

• yankeesusa

• kishan

How does it fare with HTC One and S4 in terms of performance?
    Can google consider this for N5?

Love it!

• epps720

• kishan

I agree. I wish this joins a Nexus line. But skeptical about the build quality. Because its made in China :-).

• Dirge

• Daniel

Everything is “made in china” so… just look around.

• theSUBVERSIVEBIRDS

• epps720

Well the new Moto X will be made in the good ‘ol USA

• LOL

NOKIA LUMIA and SAMSUNG GALAXY, LG OPTIMUS for Korean domestic models are made in Korea.

• Dr.Carpy

• LGfan

iPhone users

• SGB101

I like to be different, that’s why I went android g1 to begin with, it sort of backfired as 3/4 of the world had followed, but cat least this isn’t a sgs this or a HTC that, and it’s good spec looks good, and will be rare

I got a note2 to be different and that back fired as every one of my mates, apart from most of the iPhone brigade, got one.

Ironically it’s the iPhone that are becoming rare!

That battery is sweet, my notes is great, showing signs of age 11 months on, but still will get through a day at a push.

• Chris

Why this post is just bullsh*t!

[...] “… this new device will be a lot more high-end. Here’s what it will include:”

5-inch 1080p display [this is nothing new]
    Snapdragon 800 processor [well, 99% wont "feel" a difference compared to the S4 Pro]
    2GB RAM [this is nothing new]
    32GB internal storage [this is nothing new]
    13MP main camera, 8MP front camera [this is nothing new ... stop - front cameras will be the future! lool ... sorry]]
    4000 mAh battery [the device will be either 14mm thick or it has the size of the Nexus 7]
    Android 4.2 Jelly Bean [this is nothing new]

OPPO Find 7 [the name - this sounds new by me!!]

• Allanitomwesh

Your an idiot. Just because the spec-sheet reads almost the same does not mean nothing has changed. But I’m sure Sony will tell you you don’t need more that VGA for your front facer and you’ll believe it.But just to entertain you…

5-inch 1080p display [this is nothing new]
      It is if your getting even more brightness,contrast and the already amazing color accuracy.
      The power is still there,and the faster gpu that accompanies the 800 processor will be obvious in games.
      2GB RAM [this is nothing new]
      It is if it is faster
      32GB internal storage [this is nothing new]
      It is if it is faster
      It is if it beats Nokias in low light {OPPO N Lens} and yes,a powerful webcam does wonders in video conferencing.
      Actually,rumors suggest a 10mm device,give or take,you’d also be happy to know the world’s thinnest smartphone was once an OPPO,so it is not something they can’t pull off
      Android 4.2 Jelly Bean [this is nothing new]
      Actually,it is. Many phones are still launching with Gingerbread and ICS. Just check the adoption numbers.

• masterpfa

We will have to wait and see what the final specs are.

Price would be the deciding factor for me personally, these specs are good but I tend to be happy with Nexus and I will be looking forward to the Nexus 5, but if priced right the Oppo Find 7 could be considered.

• donger

This went under the radar.

• LGfan

Finally! A high end LG phone for Verizon! Life’s Good!

• Zhen

The quality of Oppo’s products are very high, until you hold an Oppo phone, you won’t know what your missing. the Oppo Find 5 is encased with steel and glass, instead of plastic. Unfortunely I brought the iPhone 5 before Oppo released their phone. Would’ve chosen that in a heartbeat; and yes I go for build quality first… Oh, and currently LGs and Samsungs are made of plastic encasing, even the s4.

• OppoHappy

I can attest to the build quality of the OPPO Find 5. When I purchased mine it was about $A100 cheaper than the HTC One and didn’t have its quality control issues.

1. kennyGGuest 2 years ago

I have the 5 and my wife..loves it,.So i may give the 5 to wifey..
    And get the Oppo 7 for…me :D

2. Wow 4000 mAh battery and 8MP FRONT facing camera! That’s Awesome!

3. If this has a microsd card slot it might just be my next phone.

4. If it was priced maybe $100 less I would probably get it. It seems like a great phone. I would just prefer an unlocked s4 or htc one at the prices they charge.

5. kishanGuest 2 years ago

How does it fare with HTC One and S4 in terms of performance?
    Can google consider this for N5?

Love it!

• Nobody has actually used the phone these are just the details that leaked. But being that it’s running a Snapdragon 800 chip it has to be incredibly fast, I guess faster than the S4 and One (if that is even feasible),

• kishanGuest 2 years ago

• According to owners of the Oppo Find 5, the build quality rivals that of HTC. There are Find 5 owners that even say the build quality is BETTER than say the HTC One.

• DanielGuest 2 years ago

Everything is “made in china” so… just look around.

• Somebody pop his bubble and say how hard is to actually find some tech stuff that is NOT made in China.

• Well the new Moto X will be made in the good ‘ol USA

• LOLGuest 2 years ago

6. Definitely considering this BEAST of a phone. Who wouldn’t want a 4000 mAh phone?

7. Price is a little steep, but if I was in the market for a phone this would be top of my list.

Ironically it’s the iPhone that are becoming rare!

8. ChrisGuest 2 years ago

Why this post is just bullsh*t!

5-inch 1080p display [this is nothing new]
    2GB RAM [this is nothing new]
    32GB internal storage [this is nothing new]
    Android 4.2 Jelly Bean [this is nothing new]

OPPO Find 7 [the name - this sounds new by me!!]

• AllanitomweshGuest 2 years ago

5-inch 1080p display [this is nothing new]
      2GB RAM [this is nothing new]
      It is if it is faster
      32GB internal storage [this is nothing new]
      It is if it is faster
      Android 4.2 Jelly Bean [this is nothing new]

9. We will have to wait and see what the final specs are.

10. This went under the radar.

11. LGfanGuest 2 years ago

Finally! A high end LG phone for Verizon! Life’s Good!

• ZhenGuest 2 years ago