Aug 08 AT 8:58 AM Nick Sarafolean 22 Comments

T-Mobile sees revenue and subscriber boost for Q2

t-mobile-generic

For a while there, we weren’t sure if T-Mobile was going to make it. The company had fallen upon hard times and was having struggles with revenue, lack of LTE and a subscriber base that was dwindling. But new CEO John Legere has come into the company and thrown the old approach on its head with T-Mobile’s new “Uncarrier” form. It’s taken a bit of time but it appears that T-Mobile is finally seeing the results of this plan.

In Q2, T-Mobile added 1.1 million new subscribers which is a massive jump over past years and T-Mobile says that it is its largest gain in four years. Revenue inflow was also up by 27.5% over last year. This was related to the acquisition of MetroPCS as well as the fact that T-Mobile sold a record number of post-paid devices in Q2. TMo is also letting us know that their LTE rollout is currently ahead of schedule with LTE up and running in 116 metro areas to cover 157 million human beings.

All in all, it seems like T-Mobile is fending pretty well for itself. It has certainly put itself back in the spotlight and now offers great plans and a decent device selection. As a side note, T-Mobile also seems to be faring better than Sprint which lost 2 million subscribers in the last quarter. At this rate, T-Mobile has a good chance of catching up with Sprint.

Are you a T-Mobile customer? How are you enjoying it?

Source: T-Mobile

A nerd at heart, Nick is an average person who has a passion for all things electronic. When not spending his time writing about the latest gadgets, Nick enjoys reading, dabbling in photography, and experimenting with anything and everything coffee. Should you wish to know more about him, you can follow him on Twitter @Zricon15.

• roland

• clocinnorcal

• T-Bone insider

I heard t-mo had very strong iPhone sales (introduction discounts), so many people switched to iPhone/t-mo.

• ranman

• surg3d

• str0ng 4th

Does anyone like the headline pic above? Personally, i think its looks terrible, maybe something more stylish?

• billo

Who cares. This is not US magazine

• Thai-Mob

But it looks ghetto hood, like Campden, New Jersey. Maybe androidandme resides in Campden….

• BLUE BALLS !

Maybe you mean Camden,NJ ………when dissing a whole city at least try spelling the name correct just a thought…..

here in DE service is always on 4g or lte …..

• Ed Carrigan

The picture in the article is actually taken in front of the T-Mobile store in Factoria (Bellevue, WA). That is TMO HQ behind it. I used to work there.

• boro09

T-Mo ROCKS!!!

• kazahani

• leganzish

• mason

I live in Houston tx and have HTC ONE T-Mobile. T-Mobile is awesome I’ve never seen 3g hit my phone.I’m always running on 4g and 4g LTE service is amazing and it really fucking fast. I’m happy with T-Mobile

• cb2000a

• donger

Tmobile is on the rise.

• NamelessTed

• jamal adam

• Paul Dodd

I’m a Tmobile customer as of about a year ago now (with my takju gNex) and LOVE LOVE LOVING the $30 no contract, prepaid plan (100 minutes, unl text, unl data w/5GB HSPA+). I can’t think of any decent reason to spend $150+/month for my wife and I on big red when we can have Nexus devices and spend just ~$65/month and get more data to boot! The difference in network is not worth $1000/year and the gap is closing more and more as Tmobile covers better and better.

I’m very glad to see them rewarded for their bold new direction and intense customer focus. More power and $ to you Tmobile.

• kingroyal

yup $30 plan is cool. I switched from att where I was paying more than twice for 400 min and 100 MB data which really was nothing. Now I have unlimited with 5GB at 4G. minutes are not an issue we have so many apps to communicate and even the texts are unlimited.

Go Tmobile…Go….

• tallpaul02

*reposting under my account*

• Joel

Big ups to John Legere as well.
    Under his headship, tmo made some pretty bold moves…and clearly…it works. Im one of those 1.1 million :-)

1. I have been with t-mobile for 7 years I am glad that I stay the course T Mobile you rock

• I have been with Tmo for 7 years as well. There was a time a couple years ago that I was very close to switching. Glad I stayed!

• T-Bone insiderGuest 2 years ago

2. I switched to T-Mobile from Sprint about 5 months ago, and could not be happier……

• I might be joining you soon! I keep waiting for things to improve on Sprint (mostly network speeds) but it never does. T-Mobile is looking mighty fine.

3. str0ng 4thGuest 2 years ago

• billoGuest 2 years ago

Who cares. This is not US magazine

• Thai-MobGuest 2 years ago

• BLUE BALLS !Guest 2 years ago

here in DE service is always on 4g or lte …..

• Ed CarriganGuest 2 years ago

4. T-Mo ROCKS!!!

5. Good for Tmo. Now if only they could see a coverage boost in my area, we’d be in business!

6. So glad to hear that their uncarrier efforts are paying off! I love what they’re doing, but have wondered if they’re having any impact on the average joe who doesn’t read websites like Android and Me and see the disadvantages of contracts. Go T-Mobile!

7. masonGuest 2 years ago

8. Will be switching back to Tmobile soon. Went with ATT to get the original Note, but miss the cheaper rates and wifi calling.

9. Tmobile is on the rise.

10. I was on Tmobile back when I got the HTC G1 the first day it launched. I never had any problems with them in Phoenix. I was on Verizon for a while, free phone on my parents family plan, didn’t have much money for a while. Now I am currently on Solavei which uses Tmo towers. I really want to get a Moto X or something else soon and I am definitely switching over to Tmobiles new unlimited plan for $70/month.

11. Clearly, Uncarrier is working and T-Mobile has been doing a great job innovating the space and I must say it’s great to be part of it. Now is a great time to be a T-Mobile customer.

12. Paul DoddGuest 2 years ago

• kingroyalGuest 2 years ago

Go Tmobile…Go….

13. *reposting under my account*

14. Big ups to John Legere as well.