Oct 08 AT 7:48 PM Nick Gray 38 Comments

AT&T HTC One Android 4.3 update now available

htc-one (8)

The Android 4.3 update for the AT&T HTC One has been released. Like the Sprint HTC One, the update for the AT&T HTC One includes Android 4.3 plus launcher bar enhancements, new BlinkFeed features, a widget lock screen style, home button behavior modification (remove black menu bar from screen), ability to display battery level percentage in the notification bar, advanced notifications, quick settings, 6 new Video Highlights themes with custom music options, improved Zoe file management and all the standard Android enhancements included with Android 4.3.

If you have not yet received an update notification on your AT&T HTC One, you can always try to ping HTC’s servers manually by going to Settings > About > Software Updates > Check now on your HTC One.

AT&T HTC One Android 4.3 changelog

• Improved notification bar with quick access to many of the most popular settings.
  • The integration of Instagramâ„¢ into HTC BlinkFeed.
  • The ability to lock the camera focus and exposure on a specific target within the viewfinder.
  • An updated HTC gallery user experience.
  • HTC Zoe® updates that include:
    • The option to change the file format of Zoe capture to a 3-second MP4 video and one second still JPG photo. This change will significantly reduce the amount of storage space used when capturing Zoe shots.
  • Updated visualizer features within the HTC Music app.
  • The ability to add widgets to the lock screen.
  • New home key secondary functions to quickly access either Google Now or the menu.
  • New settings for the battery percentage notification.

Source: AT&T

• ihatefanboys

T-Mobile is next, cant wait. Wish they were first, but better late than never.

• Jake

They haven’t announced anything, and T-Mobile is notoriously late on these kind of updates. I wouldn’t hold your breath.

• http://htcsource.com Nick Gray

• shirley12

• spintrex

• nour

Hey i thought i would share with you this great website where you can Download Android apps and Games
    Come check it out

• Michael Castelli

i have a random question…whats the new icon on the top in a white box that looks like an “N”. it’s driving me crazy

• Dana in STL

I found my update by going to Settings> AT&T Software Update instead.

• Steve

DON’T DO THE UPGRADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just upgraded the software yesterday for my HTC One with Sprint and now I have to get a new phone. After the upgrade completed my phone will not charge above 52% not matter how long I charge it. Spoke with Sprint Tech and they tell me MANY customers are calling and having the same issue. All they are going to do for me is give me a replacement (refurbished). The rep went as far to tell me that I should stay away from HTC One until HTC figures out what occurred with this upgrade.

• Studog

Thanks for the heads up. It did start upgrading when I went to the AT&T upgrade…. I turned it off in the middle of downloading….my fingers are crossed.

• http://htcsource.com Nick Gray

Also, can you provide more evidence that others are seeing this issue? I’ve been lurking on multiple HTC related forums the past few days and have not seen anyone else mention the battery charging issue. If there is something big that we’re missing, we’d want to make sure it’s covered with a proper post on the site.

• Nichole

Both me and my husband have Sprint HTC One’s and have the exact same issue after updating. I’m worried because I’m pregnant and close to my due date and if I need to call him or he needs to call me, we can’t. The problems with the update is that there is no way to communicate between other Sprint consumers.

• Elizabeth

After installing the update my phone crashes at least once every 30 minutes.

• TT

That didnt happen to mine there might be something wrong woth the Sprint version but AT&T is fine

• Bill

After I upgraded to 4.3 on my AT&T HTC ONE my camera is active odd. Purple haze around the edges.

• Richard Hart

wife and i both have htc one. On mine the camera just developed a camera problem.

my camera will not focus. I called HTC , they advised it is a software problem, they are working on it and someday it may be fixed. Apparently the problem started about a month ago.

could not get any est. as to when my phone would work again. was told it is a conflict with
        apps i have added to my phone, but they don’t seem to know which apps.

• Techie

Any fixes for camera for the purple reddish tint or is it still same in 4.3 update. Can any one confirm for same ?

Thanks in advance :)

• Sarah

The update for AT&T ruined my Zoe Video Highlight feature! Is anyone else having issues with it? The highlight videos you can create were smooth and beautifully transitioned with the previous version of Android, and NOW the transitions are choppy and each clip will freeze at the most awkward moments before then awkwardly transitioning into the next clip. It is so upsetting.

• Ronald

Major problem since I downloaded the AT&T update. I went from having a fully functional phone that never crashed the programs crashing all the time. not only do I have to exit and restart apps recently, but I have had to restart my phone at least once a day.this thing is, Google an HTC release the update many weeks ago an AT&T went into it for month before releasing this unstable, stepped down crap. my sister was so much more than me when she got the Google version. never again will I purchase an AT&T phone.

• Dafe

I have an AT&T branded HTC One and it’s unlocked and i’m on Smart network (Philippines). How come I haven’t received the 4.3 update on my phone? Will I ever get the update or not because it’s unlocked or because im in a different network/country?

• sarath

It happens to be same thing that I face. I think u can’t even use WiFi hotspot and usb tegthering. Am I correct?

• Dasang

Waiting for Htc one 4.3 update here in Nepal.Battery on 4.2.2 really sucks.It takes about 5 hrs for full charging and lasts only for 3hrs.Hope this issue is solved in 4.3…Reply please…

• Ramesh Yadav

HTC 4.3 launched in india, Upgraded Yesterday , Realized that no fix related to fast battery drain , Lock style from setting > Personalize missing , No improvement in cameras. Rest new user control , Gallery , ZOE and lock screen widget liked most …….

This updated does not have any drastic change,

No Cons

• Ronald

PS: AT&T ruins phones by blocking features and tinkering with the software

• David Dewees

Can anyone tell me why my HTC one doesn’t show that the 4.3 update is available? I constantly check for it but it still doesn’t say that it available. I have AT&T

• hector

To all people with Att. If you still don’t have an update available and check every day and still no update. Change the date on the phone to December 10 or later. This worked for me. It will down load a half GB file. That’s the update. Do it over WiFi…..

• Yousuf Ali Fatemi

I have a HTC one X AT&T version. But Myself in Pakistan.. How do I update the software here ?
    p.s. I do have internet but Software update is not working.. It checks for new updates and then vanishes :(

• sarath

• Fabiano

My HTC ONE is an AT&T unlocked version bought at Amazon.com in the US. The problem is that I live in Brazil, with no AT&T coverage, so I’m not being able to get the OTA update.
    Is there another way to this manually?
    Thanks!

• Ahanekwu Kester

how do I update my HTC sensation 4G (android 4.0) to android 4.3

• Jason Taylor

I still dont have the update I’ve been trying all day

• bhavin

It to good and i Dany my pone update

• athokpam moshedayan

Please update

1. T-Mobile is next, cant wait. Wish they were first, but better late than never.

• JakeGuest 2 years ago

• According to HTC, the T-Mobile HTC One will be updated to Android 4.3 by the middle of October and the Verizon HTC One (which is already running Android 4.2) will get the update by the end of October.

• uptil I looked at the receipt which was of $4876, I have faith that…my… sister woz realy earning money part time at their computer.. there uncle had bean doing this less than 19 months and by now repaid the loans on their mini mansion and got a top of the range Toyota. read this …….. http://safe.mn/freeonlinejobs

2. Gf just bought the HTC One Mini and is lucky to be able to get these updates. Myself on the other hand am still pulling through for the One X, I BELIEVE!

3. nourGuest 2 years ago

Come check it out

4. Michael CastelliGuest 2 years ago

5. Dana in STLGuest 2 years ago

I found my update by going to Settings> AT&T Software Update instead.

6. SteveGuest 2 years ago

• StudogGuest 2 years ago

• Please note that the Android 4.3 update for the Sprint HTC one and AT&T HTC One are not identical. All carrier branded phones have separate software builds. Issues that may affect a Sprint HTC One will not necessarily affect the AT&T HTC One.

• NicholeGuest 2 years ago

• ElizabethGuest 2 years ago

After installing the update my phone crashes at least once every 30 minutes.

• TTGuest 2 years ago

• BillGuest 2 years ago

• Richard HartGuest 2 years ago

apps i have added to my phone, but they don’t seem to know which apps.

7. TechieGuest 2 years ago

PS: AT&T ruins phones by blocking features and tinkering with the software

12. David DeweesGuest 2 years ago

• hectorGuest 1 year ago

13. Yousuf Ali FatemiGuest 2 years ago

• sarathGuest 1 year ago

14. FabianoGuest 1 year ago

Is there another way to this manually?
    Thanks!