Dec 09 AT 10:21 PM Dima Aryeh 25 Comments

Android 4.4.2 now rolling out to Nexus 4, 5, 7, and 10

Android 4.4.2 Screenshot

It was only recently that the rollout of Android 4.4 started for all recent Nexus devices, and they were already starting to receive an update to Android 4.4.1. And so soon after, we’re already seeing Android 4.4.2 rolling out! The update is now rolling out to all recent Nexus devices (Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 2012, Nexus 7 2013, and Nexus 10) and you should go into Settings and check for a new update!

The new version doesn’t really come with much of a changelog, or many changes at all, but it should be more of a bug fixing update for a stable experience. Here is the changelog:

• Fix for clearing the VM Indicator
  • Fix for delivery of the VM Indicator
  • Various additional software fixes
  • Security enhancements

Yes, this update isn’t very exciting, but you should download it anyway. And if you don’t get it immediately, just wait a while before checking for updates. Mashing the button won’t get you your update faster. Once you’ve downloaded it, tell us if you notice anything new or cool! We’d love to know if Google has hidden anything clever in there.

Source: Android Police

• g2

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

• ferminmartin2003

Any body know of a link to download the new camera apk?

• ArticulateFool

The updates are rolling out fast these days!

• Brad Williams

I’ve noticed a softer sound using the keyboard for nexus 7. I disliked using it before but it’s less annoying now.

• Andreas Hosemann

this is why I tell everyone to buy nexus phones updates come so quickly no waiting 6 months like other phones if they get it Google rules

• Erich

I got the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update 10 hours ago (Philippine Time) and I like the fact that the battery drain and other issues on 4.4 had been addressed.

• ihatefanboys

• neight

• http://www.androidandme.com Brooks Barnard

• Mix

Same, Nexus 5 with 4.4.

It’s weird as the wife and I are both with Bell but when I had my Nexus 4 she received the update almost 2 weeks before I did.

I think that check now button just updates the time stamp, lol.

• Rick Keith

I got my update last night and I went from 4.4 right to 4.4.2. I think they’ve pulled the .1 and are only releasing .2 now.

• GE918

• Timo

My phone just skipped 4.4.1 and went straight to 4.4.2 :P

• Jeremy Kopeczy

Just check system update notification on my Nexus 4 and it’s telling me that I have to be connected to wifi. Also it’s saying download is available until 12/15/13. It doesn’t allow me to download/update.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Jeremy

• Jeremy Kopeczy

Oops, type O.It’s saying
    Waiting to update. 52MB via wifi only until Dec 13.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Jeremy

• Jeremy

Just a lot less buggy. Smoother keyboard action, smoother graphics. Hopefully hangouts stops crashing.

• John Tsakiris

I have had nothing but issues since upgrade to 4.4.2 The sound when calling someone goes high then low.

• Welisson

Como faser print no nexus 4 , atualisado para o 4,4,2

• JJAH

I am experiencing battery drain issues since my OTA update from 4.4 to 4.4.2.

• James

Guys, make sure to be mindful of this vital privacy feature that was removed in the 4.4.2 update as mentioned by the Electronic Frontier Foundation: https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2013/12/google-removes-vital-privacy-features-android-shortly-after-adding-them

• donger

Go Google.

• herb

still can’t use an sms program or send out sms from my nexus 7 LTE version……. i can do this using GO SMS when i was still in jelly bean. after i updated to kitkat i cannot send out SMS anymore. 4.4.2 kitkat still doesn’t allow me to. anyone know of a solution ?

TIA

1. g2Guest 1 year ago

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

2. ferminmartin2003Guest 1 year ago

Any body know of a link to download the new camera apk?

3. The updates are rolling out fast these days!

4. Brad WilliamsGuest 1 year ago

5. Andreas HosemannGuest 1 year ago

6. ErichGuest 1 year ago

7. Im hoping the 4.4.2 update comes to the GPE HTC ONE as well. Since the 4.4 update the battery takes forever to charge and depletes quite fast.

8. I have the Nexus 5, but still on 4.4. Wondering when my update will come. Will I go straight to 4.4.2 or will I have to wait for each update?

• I’ve heard of people going both from 4.4 -> 4.4.2 and 4.4.1 -> 4.4.2. So, my guess is that you’ll never see 4.4.1.

• Same, Nexus 5 with 4.4.

I think that check now button just updates the time stamp, lol.

• Rick KeithGuest 1 year ago

9. Thanks for heads up. The update was ready for installation. Since I have the Note 3, I rarely us my 2012 Nexus 7.

10. TimoGuest 1 year ago

My phone just skipped 4.4.1 and went straight to 4.4.2 :P

11. Jeremy KopeczyGuest 1 year ago

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Jeremy

12. Jeremy KopeczyGuest 1 year ago

Oops, type O.It’s saying
    Waiting to update. 52MB via wifi only until Dec 13.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Jeremy

13. JeremyGuest 1 year ago

14. John TsakirisGuest 1 year ago

15. WelissonGuest 1 year ago

Como faser print no nexus 4 , atualisado para o 4,4,2

16. JJAHGuest 1 year ago

I am experiencing battery drain issues since my OTA update from 4.4 to 4.4.2.

17. JamesGuest 1 year ago