Dec 30 AT 1:21 PM Dima Aryeh 16 Comments

LG G2′s Knock feature to be on future LG devices

lg_stock

The LG G2 debuted with a feature called Knock, previously known as KnockON. Since the power button is on the back of the device, this feature was created to easily turn it on without lifting it. You knock on the display twice and it will turn on, simple as that.

The feature has made its way to other devices, like the LG G Flex and the G Pad 8.3 tablet, but LG has now announced that the feature will be standard on key mobile devices. The company also announced that the feature will be coming to the L Series II devices through an update in January.

We’re curious if people actually use the Knock feature on current devices. What are your thoughts on this Knock feature? Have you used it? Is it useful or functional? Tell us in the comments!

Via: Engadget

Source: LG

• adam

I love double tap. Just like I am in zombieland! Would like get LG tablet have samsung now. Have caught myself trying to dpublr tap on it. Takes me a few to register it isnt gping to turn on. 😃

• http://www.androidandme.com Dima Aryeh

Good to know it actually works well! Also nice reference!

• GRRemlin

• Brandon

Yeah, I find myself knocking on the nexus 7 all the time, only to be disappointed, Lol. Its so convenient on the G2

• Eli Gaffke

• Hans

Innovative as hell.

This is the Nokia “Double Tap to wake feature”, which is at least 5 years old.

Stop copying. Innovate !

• ihatefanboys

• Janakiraman

Its new technic and useful ad I’m always depending on it. But at some time rarely it requires several knocks…..

• Jan

I use double tap on my G2 all the time. A very handy feature!

• Killer

Some people got blind for samsung and Iphone and HTC, why dont you try guys LG G2 for a Change..before the Year 2013 ends…. G2 is the best…

• Stephanie Buser

I love the knock feature. Sometimes I find myself knocking just to check the time even though all I have to do is look up at the wall clock….lol.

• donger
  • Wayne

I was really sceptical before I got my G2, but like all the comments posted this feature has become a part of the phone and its overall package. I was tapping on my iPad, my girlfriend’s Samsung GNote3 only to find that it doesnt work!

Really innovative, very well executed

• Lambert

Hi all! I want to have some advise as I am due for an upgrade. My whole family is iPhone mal and I really like the g2! There is the g2 and the sony z1 and the i phone 5s? Will i be disappointed if i go with the LG?

Thanks.

• lexy

I always use the knockon feature, I rarely use the power button.

1. adamGuest 1 year ago

2. I’ve been using it since the day I got my G2 and the only gripe I have about it that it’s so convenient that now I Knock on all devices in attempt to wake them up and get angry when it doesn’t work :)

• BrandonGuest 1 year ago

3. Since they put the power button in a completely retarded place it makes sense. I have only used it on demo models at the store, but could see getting totally used to it. I recently read about another manufacturer copying that feature.

4. HansGuest 1 year ago

Innovative as hell.

This is the Nokia “Double Tap to wake feature”, which is at least 5 years old.

Stop copying. Innovate !

5. Such a great feature that i flashed a new kernel on my HTC ONE to get the feature. That, plus swipe to sleep, and swipe to wake. Also turned the HTC logo into a menu button.

6. JanakiramanGuest 1 year ago

7. JanGuest 1 year ago

I use double tap on my G2 all the time. A very handy feature!

8. KillerGuest 1 year ago

9. Stephanie BuserGuest 1 year ago

10. WayneGuest 1 year ago

Really innovative, very well executed

11. LambertGuest 1 year ago

Thanks.

12. lexyGuest 1 year ago

I always use the knockon feature, I rarely use the power button.