Jan 28 AT 10:54 AM Nick Gray 37 Comments

HTC One Android 4.4.2 update now available in Europe

htc-one-kit-kat

HTC One owners in Russia, Slovakia, Romania and a few other countries in northern Europe are reporting that the Android 4.4.2 update is now available for their unlocked phones. The 308.24MB, 4.19.401.8 build packs in NFC Tap & Pay, cloud printing and Bluetooth profiles along with security enhancements and a few minor bug fixes.

Unfortunately, there is one feature that has been removed from the HTC One with the latest update: Flash support in the HTC browser. The browser has been updated to use the Chromium engine, which does not come with built-in support for Flash. Those who still have a need for Flash can download the Firefox browser and sideload the Flash APK. HTC has also changed the battery icon to white, something we expect to see more of going forward; a few Android developers say that it’s a Google-mandated UI element that’s necessary for Android 4.4.2 certification.

The Android 4.4.2 update for the unlocked HTC One will gradually make its way to more countries across Europe and Asia. Carrier-branded versions of the HTC One in the US are currently undergoing certification testing, but HTC seems confident that those handsets will receive the KitKat update before the end of January.

htc-one-kit-kat htc-one-android-4-2-2-white-battery htc-one-android4-4-2-changelog

Source: HTC Source

• ice

Pls can i get android 4.3 for htc zara.thanks

• Hom0ncruse

final nail in the coffin for HTC One

• djinn

Will this update fix the low-light shooting purple haze on the camera?

• Norbert Major

When comes in germany? I have htc one unlocked from factory

• shehade

Why does it say the downloading file is corrupted ! When I try to download the update ?

• cardio

Mine seem not to be downloadable… Says update download unsuccessful each time I try to download it

• Kris

I have 3 identical HTC One black phones, 1 of them updated to 4.4.2 successfully, the other 2 keeps showing same error, update download unsuccessful.
    I found some info regarding previous android updates, that due to huge interest, the update servers might overload and can not cope with all the users requiring for update.
    So the fix might be simple, some patience and after 24-48 h it might update without a problem, I hope..

• max

It is only me who noticed baterry lifetime decreased to half and games perfomance decreased alot? Even real race 3 does high skip frames now… And regular. The new sense eats more internet than ever. It is a way to rollback the update?

• donger
  • Truongnx

Solution for update unsccessful Settings -> App -> All (Tab) -> find Updater choose Force stop, clear cache and Data then check Update -> Successfull

• vinay

Thanks it worked…HTC support suggested me to factory reset and the upgrade….

• bukhari mohammed

My touch pad is no working for HTC one x+

• dave

I’m in the UK and checked for this update today, it’s there but when I try downloading it I either get “download unsuccessful” or “download is corrupted” :/

• dave

ThanksTruongnx, that’s it downloading now, your suggestion worked perfectly.

• molly

It worked. Thanks!

• jihad

I live in kuwait i did not get the 4.4.2 update for the htc one yet … Any news about it ? Thx pls reply

• Linkie

hi
    “find Updater choose Force stop, ” what is the name of process to stop?

• Laura Summers

I have tried to update and done the above (find updater, force close, clear data and cache) and it isn’t doing anything. The icon at the top showing I have a update is there I select download yet it does nothing and then the icon goes back to the top bar. Help please as O2 want to send my phone off saying it will take months and I get an old school Nokia in return. TIA

• Basit

It is working …. Thankx

• renee420

Yes it’s working thank you!!

1. iceGuest 1 year ago

Pls can i get android 4.3 for htc zara.thanks

2. Hom0ncruseGuest 1 year ago

final nail in the coffin for HTC One

3. djinnGuest 1 year ago

Will this update fix the low-light shooting purple haze on the camera?

4. Norbert MajorGuest 1 year ago

When comes in germany? I have htc one unlocked from factory

5. shehadeGuest 1 year ago

6. cardioGuest 1 year ago

7. KrisGuest 1 year ago

8. maxGuest 1 year ago

9. TruongnxGuest 1 year ago

10. vinayGuest 1 year ago

Thanks it worked…HTC support suggested me to factory reset and the upgrade….

11. bukhari mohammedGuest 1 year ago

My touch pad is no working for HTC one x+

12. daveGuest 1 year ago

13. daveGuest 1 year ago

ThanksTruongnx, that’s it downloading now, your suggestion worked perfectly.

14. mollyGuest 1 year ago

It worked. Thanks!

15. jihadGuest 1 year ago

16. LinkieGuest 12 months ago

hi
    “find Updater choose Force stop, ” what is the name of process to stop?

17. Laura SummersGuest 12 months ago

18. BasitGuest 12 months ago

It is working …. Thankx

19. renee420Guest 11 months ago

Yes it’s working thank you!!