AT&T Samsung Galaxy device owners get ready, because the two current flagships are receiving updates on our carrier! While the Galaxy S 4 has been getting the KitKat update in many regions for quite a while now, AT&T is releasing the update today. This update brings the device to the latest version of Android with improvements to the dialer, gallery, camera, and more. Here’s the changelog:
- Improved user interface with Android 4.4 KitKat: The latest version of Android includes enhancements such as restyled status and navigation bars, a new full-screen mode, color emoji support, improved closed captioning support, stronger security, and smarter power use.
- Phone dialer app: The phone app now includes the ability to look up contacts directly from the dial pad, see and tap frequent contacts, and search corporate directories easily.
- Focus and exposure: The “touch to focus” option has been enhanced with a new circular on-screen control that can be dragged by your finger around the viewfinder to adjust a photo’s focus and exposure.
- Gallery app: New photo editing options are now available in the Gallery app including new filter effects, draw on your photos, advanced cropping, and adjustments for color, exposure, contrast and more.
The second update to go out is for the Galaxy Note 3, but don’t get too excited just yet. This isn’t KitKat. It’s a minor update that seems to be getting the device ready for KitKat, along with fixing some bugs in the meantime. Here is the Note 3 changelog:
- Update GMS apks and libraries (Newsstand 3.0.1 – 6.6MB,
- Search 126.96.36.1999369 – 10.3MB , YouTube 5.1.10 – 6.5MB)
- Add Google Drive
- ANDROID Patches: – 6923539, 9702645,12118307
- FOTA Enhancements
- Samsung Account Update
Owners of both the Galaxy S 4 and Galaxy Note 3 should head to Settings > More > About phone to check for updates, if you haven’t gotten the notification already. Happy updating, and I hope that the KitKat update for the Galaxy Note 3 comes soon.