Two of AT&T’s best Android devices just got a little better today with the arrival of Android 4.4. 2. The HTC One and LG G2 can now be updated to KitKat, improving functionality and delivering quite a few new features. While AT&T is the last major service provider in the US to update the HTC One to Android 4.4.2, it is the first to release the update to the LG G2. In addition to the standard features Google has backed in to KitKat, the LG G2 and HTC One both come with an extensive list of new features and tweaks from LG and HTC. The most impressive improvement with the LG G2 has to be the performance boost (see the video below) with the latest update and the HTC One’s highlight is definitely the new Video Highlight customization features.
If you have not yet received the Android 4.4.2 update on your AT&T HTC One or LG G2 yet, go to Settings > Phone Update > Check for Update and follow the instructions to download and install the update manually.
HTC One Android 4.4.2 enhancements
- Improved user interface with Android 4.4 KitKat: The latest version of Android includes enhancements such as restyled status and navigation bars, a new full-screen immersive mode, color emoji support, improved closed captioning support, stronger security, and smarter power use.
- Phone dialer app: The phone app now includes the ability to look up contacts directly from the dial pad, see and tap frequent contacts, and search corporate directories easily.
- Caller ID: Whenever a call is received from a phone number not in saved in contacts, the phone will look for matches from businesses with a local listing on Google Maps.
- HTC BlinkFeed™ app: The new menu gives quicker access to switch content sources and search for custom topics and includes more news sources.
LG G2 Android 4.4.2 enhancements
- Improved user interface with Android 4.4 KitKat: The latest version of Android includes enhancements such as restyled status and navigation bars, a new full-screen mode, improved closed captioning support, and stronger security.
- Improved battery efficiency: the phone plays music more efficiently and supports the battery-saving location mode, extending battery life.
- Faster processing speed: The latest version of Android provides a noticeable speed boost that runs applications 17 percent faster than before and web-browsing speed is improved with the Chromium engine.
- Printing in the Cloud: Google Cloud Printer makes it simple to print documents via Wi-Fi or a Bluetooth connection.
- Enhanced “Knock On” feature: The responsiveness of LG’s Knock On feature has been improved.