Feb 14 AT 4:18 PM Dima Aryeh 24 Comments

Nokia X specs leaked, and it’s pretty damn low-end

nokianormandyleakaam

A lot of us would love a proper Android-based Nokia Lumia device. That’s why, when rumors were flying about Nokia creating an Android phone called the Normandy, we were incredibly excited. At first, it seemed a remnant of pre-Microsoft times. More recently, though, we found out it was currently being made!

The latest leak, shared by @evleaks, gives us the specs of the Normandy, to be called the Nokia X. Unfortunately, it’s nothing to look forward to. The device features a 4-inch WVGA display, a dual-core 1GHz Snapdragon processor, 512MB of RAM, 4GB of storage with a microSD card, 5-megapixel camera and a 1,500 mAh battery. And as we know, it’ll have a highly-modified version of Android with a Nokia store that’ll host some Android apps. The Nokia X will be available in six colors.

These specs are honestly pitiful, and I don’t quite understand why Nokia would be making a low-end Android device when its low-end Lumia devices are so nice and popular. But their decisions are theirs, and we can just watch and see where it goes. Hopefully the price will be low, because I’d still like to give it a shot. What’s your verdict?

Source: @evleaks

• Balthazar B

Lenovorola is going to eat them alive in whatever market they try to enter…

• sere83

all i can say is…..LOL

• fechhelm

• BlazeHN

Bad Luck Brian:

Finally gets a Nokia with Android.

Low end device with heavy Windows skin.

• Manuel

A movement with double intention:
    1-The low end/economical phones of Nokia. Maybe cheaper hardware cannot run windows.
    2-Promedy people in stores will ask: Which Nokia is better? The Android one or the Windows one? Obviously the windows one, but not for the OS but for the hardware.
    Don’t missunderstand me, I am on the Android’s side.

• http://www.androidandme.com Dima Aryeh

• thel0nerang3r

• karanv

nexus 5 is for 500 dollars in india….nearly 9 days income. can’t sacrifice it.

• hp420

Give me a Nokia’s battery life and camera, running AOSP and I don’t give a rat’s ass who makes it, I’ll buy it!! But these specs are just an insult. I wouldn’t even give this one the time of day.

• imoz014

THIS PHONE IS AWESOME!!!!!!!

if it was 2010………… o(-`д´- 。)

• donger

It’s gonna be cheap and affordable.

• Matt

Which is what some people need/want, especially in this economy

• Chris

Is it a joke ?

• Tushar

That’s because company don’t care what you think…
    They don’t work for you dude.
    If you are getting unhappy like a small baby..just because it doesn’t satisfy you…. Then try to see those people who are happy just for nx.
    Respect every effort

• Matt

I think a lot of people want a Nexus phone that had a Lumia camera

• SGB101

• sushil pratap

competely waste by nokia

• aashna gauhar

Guys,please do me a favour.Please like this page.We will keep you updating every moment.

• EK

If Nokia-Microsoft made a high end $400 to $800 Android phone, their profit on devices and uptake of Microsoft services would be higher. The sub $100 market just isn’t able to sustain non-Chinese manufacturers.

• karanv

it will b a shitiest phone by nokia according to me. The phone is going to b nokia’s greatest joke……..

• Amit Z

It is chance for the kitkat to prove itself on low end hardware

• beelzebub

Not having to pay for Android probably means these phones will cost less than the entry Windows phone (520/521). MS probably would not let them making anything high end on Android either …

• hmmmm

Its quite possible that it will be a good phone
    If Nokia can strip out all the bloat-ware and get it back to
    Meego levels of performance then a dual core will be good.

But to be a hit it really needs to be 80 USD. Then it can replace asha
    and the lesser apps will not be an issue for the price point.

• jerrbomb

1. Balthazar BGuest 1 year ago

Lenovorola is going to eat them alive in whatever market they try to enter…

2. sere83Guest 1 year ago

all i can say is…..LOL

3. If this ran stock android with KitKat, which is suppose to be optimized to run well on budget hardware, then I’d think this had a chance (if priced @ $100). But a highly skinned version of android gives this little to no hope at ahh price.

4. Bad Luck Brian:

Finally gets a Nokia with Android.

Low end device with heavy Windows skin.

5. ManuelGuest 1 year ago

A movement with double intention:
    Don’t missunderstand me, I am on the Android’s side.

• I think Windows Phone actually runs better on cheap hardware. I doubt, highly highly doubt, that Nokia is using KitKat either, which runs better on low end hardware.

6. This is meant for emerging markets, where a off contract price difference of $50 is huge. In the US the Nexus 5 for $350 is huge bargain, in some countries that price is several months of income.. so not that good a bargain.

• karanvGuest 1 year ago

nexus 5 is for 500 dollars in india….nearly 9 days income. can’t sacrifice it.

7. hp420Guest 1 year ago

8. imoz014Guest 1 year ago

THIS PHONE IS AWESOME!!!!!!!

if it was 2010………… o(-`д´- 。)

9. It’s gonna be cheap and affordable.

• MattGuest 1 year ago

Which is what some people need/want, especially in this economy

10. ChrisGuest 1 year ago

Is it a joke ?

11. TusharGuest 1 year ago

That’s because company don’t care what you think…
    They don’t work for you dude.
    Respect every effort

12. MattGuest 1 year ago

I think a lot of people want a Nexus phone that had a Lumia camera

13. The dev community will be all over this. It will be cheap and the ‘holy grail’ that us nokia/android. It will have CM11 on it in quick time. Then we will see how good KK really is on low end hardware.

14. sushil pratapGuest 1 year ago

competely waste by nokia

15. aashna gauharGuest 1 year ago

16. EKGuest 1 year ago

17. karanvGuest 1 year ago

18. Amit ZGuest 1 year ago

It is chance for the kitkat to prove itself on low end hardware

19. beelzebubGuest 1 year ago

20. hmmmmGuest 1 year ago

Its quite possible that it will be a good phone
    If Nokia can strip out all the bloat-ware and get it back to
    Meego levels of performance then a dual core will be good.

But to be a hit it really needs to be 80 USD. Then it can replace asha
    and the lesser apps will not be an issue for the price point.

21. Forking Android and then making it yesteryear’s specs.. I’d rather buy a Kindle for that..