Mar 29 AT 10:28 PM Dima Aryeh 17 Comments

HTC uploads Dot View app to the Play Store for fast updates in the future

HTC Dot View cover case

HTC is taking a page out of Motorola’s book and uploading one of its system apps to the Play Store. The app is HTC Dot View, which allows support for the HTC Dot View case that you’ve probably seen for the all new HTC One. The case has a flip cover style front, but it’s covered in holes. The display shines through those holes in a retro dot style.

The benefit of having the app on the Play Store is that HTC doesn’t have to wait until it has a full system update ready to expand the functionality of Dot View. The app can be updated on the Play Store and users can download it immediately, allowing for far faster updates with new features and bug fixes. Motorola has done this with multiple apps for the Moto X and various DROID devices, including Active Display and the Gallery, and it has worked incredibly well.

If you’re the proud owner of a brand new HTC One M8, you already have this app installed. But when it’s updated, you’ll be prompted to update it just like any other app. Sadly, its compatibility is limited to only the M8, so M7 users need not apply.

Via: Phandroid

• Jeffery

I don’t have Moto X so I have one doubt that is this app automatically get updated when we put the flip cover on the HTC M8? Most of the app running in background consume more battery which I experienced in my qi enabled Nexus 5. Does this app do so?

• Manny

Not a fan of HTC but the Dot View is pretty cool

• jose

I tought that case supposed to protect phone not just look cool. Useless just make your phone bigger.

• Odie

It does protect the screen, the dots will be small enough to prevent anything that could scratch the screen from getting it, but big enough so you could quickly look at basic information, like the current time, without having to open the case. This isn’t the first phone to have a cutout on the front cover to display basic information.

• Aqeelsolangi

Play store

• razzouk
  • geeky_sihag

nice …..hope moto g forte will also get a dot view case like this……. for those who don’t know about the upcoming moto g forte..here’s the link’

• alijann

‘Cause I’ll be kicking the flavor that makes you wanna Jump
    How high? Real high
    Cause I’m just so fly
    A young loveable, huggable type of guy
    And everything is to the back with a little slack
    ‘Cause inside-out its wiggida wiggida wiggida wack
    I come stompin’ with somethin’ pump to keep you jumpin’
    R&B – rap and bullcrap is what I’m dumpin’
    And ain’t something about Kris Kross we all that
    So when they ask do they rock say believe that

Jump, jump
    The Mac Dad will make ya jump, jump
    A Daddy Mac will make ya jump, jump
    Kris Kross will make ya jump, jump
    uh huh uh huh
    Jump, jump
    The Mac Dad will make ya jump, jump
    A Daddy Mac will make ya jump, jump
    Kris Kross will make ya jump, jump

I like my stuff knockin’ knockin’
    I love it when a girl is like jockin’ jockin’
    The D-A-double D-Y-M-A-C

A Daddy Mac will make you jump, jump
    Kris Kross will make you jump, jump

Now, the formalities of this and that
    Is that Kris Kross ain’t comin’ off wack
    And for all ya’ll sucks that don’t know
    Check it out

Some of them try to rhyme but they can’t rhyme like this (Go, go!)
    Some of them try to rhyme but they can’t rhyme like this (Go, go!)
    Some of them try to rhyme but they can’t rhyme like this (Go, go!)
    Some of them try to rhyme but they can’t (Go, go!)
    ‘Cause I’m the miggida miggida miggida Mac Daddy

Believe dat!

• donger

This is cool.

• Ali

HTC is seriously doing everything right. I cannot wait for April 11th

• lomelir

I can’t wait for mine M8, another week hopefully. I had to buy the DOT-VIEW case at Verizon. HTC site was having issues. That one I have in my hand, I just need to M8.

1. JefferyGuest 1 year ago

‘Cause I’ll be kicking the flavor that makes you wanna Jump
    How high? Real high
    Cause I’m just so fly
    A young loveable, huggable type of guy
    And everything is to the back with a little slack
    ‘Cause inside-out its wiggida wiggida wiggida wack
    I come stompin’ with somethin’ pump to keep you jumpin’
    R&B – rap and bullcrap is what I’m dumpin’
    And ain’t something about Kris Kross we all that
    So when they ask do they rock say believe that

Jump, jump
    The Mac Dad will make ya jump, jump
    A Daddy Mac will make ya jump, jump
    Kris Kross will make ya jump, jump
    uh huh uh huh
    Jump, jump
    The Mac Dad will make ya jump, jump
    A Daddy Mac will make ya jump, jump
    Kris Kross will make ya jump, jump

I like my stuff knockin’ knockin’
    I love it when a girl is like jockin’ jockin’
    The D-A-double D-Y-M-A-C

A Daddy Mac will make you jump, jump
    Kris Kross will make you jump, jump

Now, the formalities of this and that
    Is that Kris Kross ain’t comin’ off wack
    And for all ya’ll sucks that don’t know
    Check it out

Some of them try to rhyme but they can’t rhyme like this (Go, go!)
    Some of them try to rhyme but they can’t rhyme like this (Go, go!)
    Some of them try to rhyme but they can’t rhyme like this (Go, go!)
    Some of them try to rhyme but they can’t (Go, go!)
    ‘Cause I’m the miggida miggida miggida Mac Daddy