Mar 13 AT 6:53 AM Alex Wagner 15 Comments

LG-D850 leak teases 2560×1440 display, may be LG G3

lgd850uaprofaam

LG-D850. That model number may not mean much to you right now, but once you’re done reading this post, you’ll realize that it’s one that you’ll want to keep in mind as we march deeper into 2014.

An image shared by @evleaks shows part of a user agent profile for an LG device with the model number D850 and a screen resolution of 2560×1440. No other details are shown in the UAProf clipping, but attached to the image is the caption “Sounds like a G3 to me…” For reference, the AT&T version of the G2 is also known as the LG-D800, the global G2 is the D805 and the recently-released G Pro 2 is the D830.

The Optimus G and G2 have been LG’s flagship devices for the past couple of years, and it won’t come as much of a surprise if the Life’s Good crew ends up introducing a new model in that line this year. There’s no concrete evidence to show that the D850 is it, but a 2560×1440 display is definitely a flagship-level feature for 2014, and including one in the G3 would be one way for LG to make its handset stand out.

Source: @evleaks

Editorial Director of News and Content for PhoneDog Media. Fluent in whisk(e)y, video games and phones. Can be followed on Twitter at @alw.

• Fredrik

Hm…strange if the G3 would have the VoiceInputCapable set to “No” in that case. Seems like a bad setting for a phone to me.

• http://www.infotainmentempire.com pekosROB

• steve99

In my opinion the S5 and M8 offer nothing new so I will be eagerly waiting to see LG s flagship. So far I am liking the one plus one this year

• Nate B.

What does the One Plus offer that’s new to you?

What do you think LG will offer that’s completely new?

What were you expecting from these companies?

Were they realistic expectations?

• steve99

The one plus one offers the option of hard keys or on screen keys. No phone has ever done that and there’s quite a debate on the matter, so that is awesome. They offer easy root and allow third party roms without losing warranty. Once again a first!!! It will have voice commands only that the moto offers. It will have a 1080p 5.5 inch screen, I like that. This is just what we know, so with it being 360-380 dollars and having a 800 snapdragon, why would I pay double for a phone that offers me less?

• steve99

I was disappointed in the m8 because it has know scanner and is basically the same phone as last year with new specs. I am disappointed with the S5 because it is still plastic. Really, I was hoping for a better improvement, these specs were all here 6 months ago. Obviously the specs haven’t improved much over the last 6 months.

• sid

yes, looking good

• jake

Please, please, please but a removable battery in it. I can even live with 32GB of storage, but I can’t live with having to plug my phone in to charge it.

• Pedro Rodrigues

Small correction: D802 is the global model, D805 is the latin american market model.

• donger

More info please.

• King Dwayne

A phone with a battery less than 3400 mah is a rubbish. Hugh resolution can’t be identified by naked eyes but it can be told through how fast the battery drains. A memory more than 3gb and2Ghz octa core are the basic need!

• NeoJesus

2560×1440 is overkill for a handset.

It’s just going to make the thing super laggy and kill the battery twice as fast!

• BlazeHN

• amitoj

2560×1440 device must be a tablet!Lg doesn’t have a 10in tablet yet and must be looking to jump into party.It might be Gpad 8in refresh too considering Samsung Tab pro 8.4 beats it.
    Lg G3 should be a water resistant device with front facing stereo speakers,Snapdragon 805, robust build,smaller or same frame size than G2 and most importantly a dslr rivaling camera to make it leader of the pack.5.2 in 1080p is already sufficient for a phone

• raj sahil

Not buying it if 2k display.

1. FredrikGuest 1 year ago

2. Assuming it doesn’t kill battery life, gimme, gimme, gimme! So glad I’m around to see technology advance so quickly in the mobile industry.

3. steve99Guest 1 year ago

• What does the One Plus offer that’s new to you?

What do you think LG will offer that’s completely new?

What were you expecting from these companies?

Were they realistic expectations?

• steve99Guest 1 year ago

• steve99Guest 1 year ago

• sidGuest 1 year ago

yes, looking good

4. jakeGuest 1 year ago

5. Pedro RodriguesGuest 1 year ago

6. King DwayneGuest 1 year ago

7. 2560×1440 is overkill for a handset.

8. Meh, any 2014 phone appeals to me… I’ll just stick to my Note 3 and then just wait for my Note 4.

9. amitojGuest 1 year ago

10. raj sahilGuest 1 year ago

Not buying it if 2k display.