Apparently AT&T is in an update-y mood, because less than 24 hours after the big blue carrier began pushing Android 4.4 to the Galaxy S 4 Active, an AT&T support page has revealed that the LG G Flex should begin receiving an update of its own tomorrow. The 686MB update will bump LG’s curved handset to Android 4.4.2 and include the following tweaks:
- Android 4.4 OS upgrade
- New full-screen mode
- Restyled status and navigation bars
- Battery performance improvements
- Enhanced processing speed
The visual tweaks included with the update are to be expected with an upgrade to KitKat, but extra goodies like improved battery performance and processing speed are nice surprises. After all, who does love it when their phone’s processor gets faster and its battery lasts longer?
The G Flex’s update will roll out over the air, so you AT&T customers should begin seeing it pop up tomorrow. If you’re the impatient type, you can try heading into Settings > General > About > Software update > Update now to see if you can pull the update manually.
UPDATE: AT&T has confirmed that the LG G Flex’s update to Android 4.4 will begin rolling out today, April 17. The big blue carrier has posted a more in-depth changelog as well:
- Updated user interface with Android 4.4 KitKat: The latest version of Android includes enhancements such as restyled status and navigation bars, a new full-screen mode, improved closed captioning support, and stronger security.
- Improved battery efficiency: The phone plays music more efficiently and supports the battery-saving location mode, extending battery life.
- Faster processing speed: The latest version of Android provides a noticeable speed boost that runs applications faster than ever and improves web-browsing speed.
- Printing in the Cloud: Google Cloud Printer makes it simple to print documents via Wi-Fi or a Bluetooth connection.
- Knock Codeâ„¢: Tap a pattern to quickly and securely unlock the phone.