Samsung’s always releasing new tablets to the masses, and today is no exception to that rule. Carrying on their Galaxy Tab line of mid-range tablets, the Galaxy Tab 4 series was officially revealed today. The line-up brings three new tablets in three different sizes, including a 7-inch, an 8-inch, and a 10.1-inch model. All three tablets share most of the same specs so here’s a list of them:
- 1280×800 resolution display
- 1.2GHz quad-core CPU
- 1.5GB RAM
- 3-megapixel rear camera
- 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera
- Android 4.4 KitKat
- 16GB storage, with an 8GB option on the 7-inch model
- Wi-Fi and 4G LTE options
- Samsung suite of apps
As you can see, the specs aren’t all too special to most of us. But if Samsung can sell these at a reasonable price, people looking to pick up a large low-cost tablet may be interested. As for that price, Samsung hasn’t released any details. However, Samsung has said that the Galaxy Tab 4 tablets will be available globally starting sometime in Q2.
What are your thoughts on these new tablets?Show Press Release
April 1, 2014
Next-generation Galaxy tablet series delivers exceptional multimedia experience for the whole family in a sleek, lightweight design
Inspiring Mobile Freedom in Your Life
- Perfect for all ages, Samsung’s next-generation Galaxy Tab4 line offers an exceptional multimedia experience in
a more premium and portable design, making it ideal for viewing or sharing content with friends and family.
Rich Multimedia Experience
- Available in 10.1-inch, 8.0-inch and 7.0-inch screen sizes, the Galaxy Tab4’s vivid WXGA display with a 16:10 screen
ratio provides users with a brilliant viewing experience while watching videos, playing games, or reading digital contents.
- With Multi Window functionality, users are able to seamlessly switch between apps and windows, as well as drag and
drop contents with ease.
Fun & Shareable Services*
- The new Galaxy Tab4 line is perfect for the whole family as it comes equipped with a number of fun and shareable
services allowing users to access content and stay connected with friends wherever they are, including:
o Group Play: Share and play music, documents and games with friends in realtime
o Samsung Link: Share and play content across smart devices anytime, anywhere
o WatchON: Watch TV shows and movies on any device, anywhere in your home or on the go.
* Availability of features and functions listed above may be differed by device type or regions.
Not all services will be provided. Please check product specification sheet for each product for details.
Sleek & Portable Designs
- The Galaxy Tab4 line all feature a textured, premium look and feel back cover.
- With a slim design and weights, the Galaxy Tab4 10.1-inch, 8-inch and 7-inch models provide maximum portability
while still allowing users to enjoy beautiful screens.
The new Samsung Galaxy Tab4 line will be offered in a choice of Black or White globally beginning in 2Q, 2014.