May 26 AT 2:42 PM Dima Aryeh 24 Comments

Samsung updates S Health for Galaxy S5 to read stress levels

Samsung Galaxy S5 Camera

Samsung S Health Stress

It looks like that heart rate monitor on the back of the Samsung Galaxy S5 has more uses than just measuring the beat of your heart. Samsung has updated the S Health app on the S5 with a new feature: the ability to read your stress levels.

Samsung says that these measurements should not be used for medical reasons, because obviously this little sensor isn’t perfectly accurate, but it’s still a pretty nifty feature. After a particularly stressful morning, you can see what S Health thought of my stress levels. It took a while for it to get a reading, so you’ll have to set a moment aside, but it seems to work well.

Yeah, I may need to relax. This is a cool little feature Samsung decided to add to its latest flagship device, but I’m unsure how it would really help someone besides alerting them that they are stressed. Tell us how you would use this feature in the comments!

Via: SamMobile

• Praveen

I just disabled the app! At least for me, this sensor was nothing more than useless

• polo

A waist of technology that I don’t need

• JQuest81

• JQuest81
  • Jim

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

• Gabriel Jimenez

I use the heart rate monitor often at the gym now mostly just curious though. I do like the pedometer more though!

• Copasetic

This is super nifty. I use the health apps often, and their use inceases with a smart watch or. fitness band. I also hope we get the BP log back. I am not sure why thry removed it in the first place.

• Copasetic

This is super nifty. I use the health apps often, and their use inceases with a smart watch or. fitness band. I also hope we get the BP log back. I am not sure why they removed it in the first place.

• Anton

I wanna check my stress level when I’m high XD

• blazeran

just did man. It was amazing. My stress was low but my friends was high :3, Syd aus

• ANUPAM

Thus is currently one of the best phones.

• Janen

I am not impressed, I downloaded an app on my iPhone that did the same thing. I had high expectations for this phone but I am very disappointed even the camera is not as good as the iPhone. I was an android fan until this phone

• Mike

What are you talking about the camera isn’t as good? The galaxy s5 had a 16 mega pixel camera, the iPhone s5 only has 8 mega pixels

• samsung 4life

LMFAO
      You are so right my friend, IPHONE is so much better for little girls with tiny fingers and can take advantage of that awesome 1.39″ screen and it’s 8 mp camera.

O YEA MAKE SURE YOU DONT DROP YOUR IPHONE IN THE WATER ;-)

• Janie

The camera is a 16mp… are you being for real? I converted from iPhone, I dodnt realize how poor the iPhone camera actually was

• travis

I love my s5, crapping on all the other excuses for phones out there. And the camera is quite remarkable

• focus

Lol I absolutely love my s5 … funny enough these ppl saying its a crappy phone , why u even waste ur time commenting .lol probably couldn’t afford the phone so u bash it … I bet u use an iphone

• matt

And what are they doing reading THIS article on a “shitty” phone?

• Jacqueline

I am using Galaxy S5 from last 1 month and could say that it is the best phone I have ever had till date. I like its specs and features such as water and dust resistant body, touch wiz finger print scanner for better security, 16MP camera to capture best memorable moments of my life and 2800mAh battery that after fully charged on wireless charging pad, runs throughout the day. I like its heart rate sensor and it’s good to know that there is an app launched by Samsung to measure the stress level. I will definitely give it a try to check the stress level on daily basis.

• North

The Galaxy Series Phones are amazing. Iphone..just because it has an Apple on the back people go crazy. Android EATS the apple.

• Gene French

• Gene French

I liked s-health and the widget for the Samsung S5. But alas someone who thought they were smart, did alot of changes and when I updated the app my new widget says “tap to start” but you can beat the hell out of it and nothing happens. Give me my original s-health back. I was totally happy with it. I even tried to uninstall the updates but it would not give back the original widget. Sorry Samsung or whoever wrote the updates, but you should check out your code before you release it. Please restore all of the logs as well.

• wendy anselmi

give me my s health app back! I walked 30 miles this week just having that app and now with the new update it’s horrible

1. PraveenGuest 11 months ago

2. poloGuest 11 months ago

A waist of technology that I don’t need

3. That’s a nifty little feature. Though I’m still disappointed that they took out the blood pressure log. I’m hoping they put it back in one day…

4. JimGuest 11 months ago

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

5. Gabriel JimenezGuest 11 months ago

6. CopaseticGuest 11 months ago

7. CopaseticGuest 11 months ago

8. AntonGuest 11 months ago

I wanna check my stress level when I’m high XD

9. ANUPAMGuest 11 months ago

Thus is currently one of the best phones.

10. JanenGuest 11 months ago

• MikeGuest 11 months ago

• samsung 4lifeGuest 11 months ago

LMFAO

O YEA MAKE SURE YOU DONT DROP YOUR IPHONE IN THE WATER ;-)

• JanieGuest 10 months ago