May 19 AT 2:56 PM Dustin Earley 12 Comments

HTC One M8 Prime specs leak again thanks to evleaks

htc one sparks generic

A couple weeks ago rumors on a new high-end HTC One M8 variant began to surface detailing the device as a Galaxy Note competitor and then some. Today, a handful of those specs are being corroborated by world famous “leak artist” evleaks.

According to evleaks, the HTC One M8 Prime will come with a 5.5-inch 2560×1440 WQHD display, Snapdragon 805 processor, 3GB of RAM, CAT 6 LTE and most excitingly, will be made out of a “composite of aluminum and liquid silicone.” Release information on the One M8 Prime has yet to surface, but we would guess this coming fall is when the device will be officially unveiled.

Last year’s HTC One Max was a considerable flop. Where the One M7 was at the top of the list for Android devices released in 2013, the One Max had to be somewhere near the bottom. The HTC One M8 Prime sounds like it will be the device to beat this year. We can’t wait to hear more.

Via: DroidLife

Source: evleaks

Dustin Earley: Tech enthusiast; avid gamer; all around jolly guy.

• Dirty Budha

The One Max was terrible because they were putting it up against phones with the same screen size and beefier specs. NO WAY would I have switched from the Note 2 to that thing.

This Prime has me curious since it does compete with the Note 3, my current phone. I’m interested in see more of what they are releasing and less leaks.

• Jay Moore

“The HTC One M8 Prime sounds like it will be the device to beat this year. We can’t wait to hear more.”

Hold your horse their guys. Note 4 specs haven’t been released yet. I know how much you guys adore HTC and their fancy looking products, but don’t get your feelings hurt when Samsung, once again, blows HTC out the water with their latest phablet. :))

• Tower72

Well.. If you want a phone that has the build quality of a toy (strike 1) and is filled with so many useless junk that has a single use coolness effect (strike 2) .. Yep go with Samsung. Plus it will probably come with a locked bootloader amd that Knox garbage, so there’s strike 3.. Personally I would never waste my money on another phone from Samsung. I made that mistake with the S4 and gladly ditched it 3 months later

• Jay Moore

Again, specs for the upcoming Note 4 have not been released yet, so before you go on your “5 reasons why I hate Samsung” rant, wait until we see what the next device has to offer. As of now, you can only ASSume, which is never a good thing. :))

• Andy E.

You are a huge intolerant fanboy who is completely biased and you need to shut up.

• Just a commentor

Specs aren’t worth anything if the experience is bad

• Altay

Sorry to disappoint you, but the Samsung phablet will have the same specs but a worse camera than HTC. Samsung 16 back 2 front. Htc 18 back 5 front. However it seams that the Samsung will be 5.1 inch meaning that the resolution would be slightly higher because it has the same resolution but smaller screen making the pixels more dense.

• twatts723

• twatts723

• yesplease

Looking forward to finding out more……i’m not keen on Samsung purely because of the way the software looks and feels…to me when people say ‘the note 4 specs aren’t out’ i don’t care…specs are becoming less and less of a differentiator anymore…all flagships specs are similar t….its about the way the phone looks and feels…if Samsung could make Touchwiz more like Sense or Stock then i’d definately look at buying a Samsung phone…until then…i will avoid!

• jay555

Don’t get too excited until you actually see which carrier will get this phone. HTC has a really dumb habit of making phones like this (any phone that isn’t their main flagship) a carrier exclusive. So don’t be surprised if this ends only going to either Verizon or Sprint. They do crap like this every year and then they wonder why their sales never live up to expectations.

• Paul Atreides

HTC will find a way to screw this up. Ask the internet…

1. Dirty BudhaGuest 1 year ago

2. Jay MooreGuest 1 year ago

• Tower72Guest 1 year ago

• Jay MooreGuest 1 year ago

• Andy E.Guest 1 year ago

• Just a commentorGuest 1 year ago

Specs aren’t worth anything if the experience is bad

• AltayGuest 9 months ago

• And I dont think people quite understand the extra aspect that the note brings… the s pen! ..and before everyone gets all stupid, I didnt think it was a big deal either.. ..until I got note 3. Holy crap the s pen is awesome. It adds a whole other dimension to this already great phone that none of the others have

3. …until Note 4 comes out and smashes all.. ..again. is that what you meant to say?

4. yespleaseGuest 1 year ago

5. jay555Guest 1 year ago

6. Paul AtreidesGuest 1 year ago

HTC will find a way to screw this up. Ask the internet…