Jun 01 AT 10:33 AM Alex Wagner 14 Comments

Motorola may launch Moto X+1 at ‘the literal end of summer’

Motorola Moto X

Remember earlier this year when Motorola said that it was targeting “late summer” for the launch of the follow-up to the Moto X? Well, the company hasn’t said much about the device since, but the good news is that the rumor mill is more than happy to fill in Moto’s silence.

A new report from @evleaks claims that the Moto X’s follow-up, currently rumored to be known as the “Moto X+1,” will launch in “the literal end of summer.” He went on to explain that we could see the Moto X+1 launch during “the last days of September.”

While an end of September release is still very much a rumor for now, it would make sense for Motorola. Most mobile manufacturers have stuck to a yearly refresh cycle for their flagship phones, and a late September launch would put the Moto X+1 a little over a year out from its predecessor.

As for the Moto X+1’s specs, well, those are a bit more mysterious. The device is reportedly codenamed “Victara” and is expected to hit all four major carriers in the U.S. It’s also said that the Moto X+1 will have 25 different back plate options in Moto Maker, including some leather backs.

Are you looking forward to the Moto X+1? Or is there some other current or upcoming flagship that’s caught your attention?

Source: @evleaks

Editorial Director of News and Content for PhoneDog Media. Fluent in whisk(e)y, video games and phones. Can be followed on Twitter at @alw.

    Most Tweeted This Week

  • Nigel

    Not made in Texas.

    So will that make it cheaper?

    • Trent

      About 5 dollars cheaper per device. That’s what was estimated when the X came out. The reason the factory is shutting down is poor sales. Poor sales because either Americans didn’t know the phone was made in America, due to Motos poor advertising campaign, or maybe the Americans that knew just didn’t care, or both.

      • Saravanan R

        Actually people don’t want to go for a dual core for that price. Although it had great GPU, most people will just see dual core and in market better options are available. And then as of India, they priced quite higher, not like Moto G. And its competitors are Sony M2 which people prefer for that as it is more popular brand.

        • tjl

          I’m enjoying my 2 core X. I don’t need a super flagship phone. Liking my low power cores just for contextual and always listening chores. Always nice to have better battery.

  • Prodis Daphne

    Would like to better battery charge life. Phone makes gald a day w/all the precautions.

  • Prodis Daphne

    Want better battery charge life.

  • masterpfa

    Only if available worldwide from launch or at least in Europe (selfish I know)

  • zim

    this chinese company is a flop

  • chleb

    So, end September ’14 rumored release date, 2013 hardware probably bundled in.
    Available only in a very few countries for the first 6 months or so.
    (if history repeats itself).

    And now Motorola had been acquired by Lenovo, this phone will probably received software update as often some Lenovo tablets do. That is to say, never.

    That’ll be a massive success. Again.

    • chleb

      and let’s not forget, overestimated pricing, matching competitor flagships.

  • Steve Buechler

    Take an additional $20 Republic Wireless credit at checkout with purchase of your phone (excludes Design Yours) using this discount link: http://rwshar.es/PBtK

    UNLIMITED Minutes, Texts, and Cellular Data plan for $25 per month. UNLIMITED Minutes, Texts, and Wifi Data $10 per month

  • Antonello

    Waiting for Droid Maxx successor

  • nonya

    I’m guessing on a Sept 25th release for the X+1. Why? No other reason than the Moto Maker has that date on the phone’s screen when you customize the regular Moto X… It’s as good a guess as any…