Jun 01 AT 10:33 AM Alex Wagner 14 Comments

Motorola may launch Moto X+1 at ‘the literal end of summer’

Motorola Moto X

Remember earlier this year when Motorola said that it was targeting “late summer” for the launch of the follow-up to the Moto X? Well, the company hasn’t said much about the device since, but the good news is that the rumor mill is more than happy to fill in Moto’s silence.

A new report from @evleaks claims that the Moto X’s follow-up, currently rumored to be known as the “Moto X+1,” will launch in “the literal end of summer.” He went on to explain that we could see the Moto X+1 launch during “the last days of September.”

While an end of September release is still very much a rumor for now, it would make sense for Motorola. Most mobile manufacturers have stuck to a yearly refresh cycle for their flagship phones, and a late September launch would put the Moto X+1 a little over a year out from its predecessor.

As for the Moto X+1’s specs, well, those are a bit more mysterious. The device is reportedly codenamed “Victara” and is expected to hit all four major carriers in the U.S. It’s also said that the Moto X+1 will have 25 different back plate options in Moto Maker, including some leather backs.

Are you looking forward to the Moto X+1? Or is there some other current or upcoming flagship that’s caught your attention?

Source: @evleaks

Editorial Director of News and Content for PhoneDog Media. Fluent in whisk(e)y, video games and phones.

    Most Tweeted This Week