Jun 12 AT 1:44 PM Dima Aryeh 14 Comments

Motorola offers replacement Moto X if you break your display in warranty

Moto X Gallery

Owning a Motorola device has been a fantastic experience lately. As the owner of a Moto X, I can say that update times have been fantastic. The Android 4.4 KitKat and Android 4.4.2 updates have come quicker than almost any phones; even the Nexus 4 got its KitKat update later than some Moto X variants. But how does Motorola handle warranty work?

Apparently, if you purchased a Moto X from Moto Maker, you’re covered more than you think. If you happen to crack your display, Motorola is offering a one-time replacement of your device for free! You just fill out a warranty form and you’ll get a new Moto Maker code to create another device and a shipping label to ship your old device once your new one arrives. Of course, you’ll need to be in warranty to pull this off

We found this out thanks to a Reddit user who happened to crack his screen and was surprised that Motorola decided to replace it for free (despite him stating that he dropped it). It’s a very similar service to what HTC now offers in its warranty, but it’s just great that manufacturers are taking care of their customers. Does this make you feel more strongly about Motorola? Leave a comment!

Via: Android Police

Source: Reddit

• Adam

Is there any article on this page? Must be lost in all of the ads…

9 ads on page and two pop-ups (seriously?!) is ridiculous.

• http://www.androidandme.com Brooks Barnard

• http://www.androidandme.com Dima Aryeh

The warranty says nothing specifically about broken displays unfortunately.

• Chris

Yes they will replace it for free as long as you have a custom Moto-X.

• DAVID

At least put Mime Ghost Glass on it, it’s just as nice as being naked but it’s also super tough

• Chris

This is true! My wife just had hers replaced a few weeks ago for free thru Motorola. We have insurance with whoever Verizon uses but they could only offer her one of the in store models. She called Motorola and they gave her a code to replace her custom Moto-X and offered a free shock proof case. My wife misunderstood how to get the free case and ended up paying for one so the service Rep sent her a free pair SR Jax

• Chris

*Soul Republic Jax headphones

• Sheri

I dropped my Moto X on concrete and shattered the screen a few months ago. I completely expected to pay for it, but Motorola gave me the code for a new one, which totally made my day and made me love Motorola even more.

• hunny

its a great idea to replace

• Juan

Both of my brothers cracked their screens and they both got replacements for free. Can’t beat that.

• DAVID

I put a Mime Ghost Glass protector on mine, but it’s nice to know that if anything really goes bad I’m covered

• Brad Slack

Hi Brad,

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Most Motorola products do come with a standard one year warranty barring any physical or liquid damage. Cracked displays are considered physical damage therefore there is a charge to replace the screen.

Motorola can be able to replace the device however there will be cost incurred to the replacement program since physical damage is NOT covered of warranty. The fee for Moto X with physical damage is $175 plus applicable taxes.

Although there is much misinformation and rumors circulating, it has never been covered under our standard warranty to repair broken screens for no cost. For all of our products, physical damage is not covered under the limited warranty. If repairable, physical damage will be replaced for an out of warranty cost.

Please feel free to chat back if you have further questions; we are open 24/7 to assist you.

You may also call our Motorola Android Customer Service Department at 800-734-5870 during Mondays to Fridays 8am till 11pm and Saturdays and Sundays 10am till 7pm CST.

You can also check our support site for further assistance by clicking this link https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/home/

Best regards,
    Motorola Chat Support Team
    Customer By Email (Brad) 08/05/2014 08:59 AM
    Thank you for clearing this up. I will post your reply onto the sites that
    are incorrectly referencing this information to clear up future issues.

Brad Slack
    On Aug 5, 2014 7:52 AM, “Motorola Global Reply” wrote:

• CM

Frustrated Moto -X owner. Don’t switch to motorola! Fro the initial purchase in December to a warranty claim this week it is painful. They offer no customer service and make you work hard to own this phone. I bought for my kids even though we are apple users. I thought they would enjoy the android instead they will be loyal apple users into adulthood when they pay for their own technology. How unfortunate they cannot field emails, phone calls, and process online forms. I bought the warranty and of course they are charging for a replacement. The case they sold us broke after two weeks of use. That was never replaced – not worth the repeated calls that are dropped.

• Rahul

is there international warranty on phones bought through moto maker? will it be valid in india?

1. AdamGuest 12 months ago

Is there any article on this page? Must be lost in all of the ads…

9 ads on page and two pop-ups (seriously?!) is ridiculous.

2. Is there anything official from Motorola on this? My wife is thinking of using her Moto X naked because of this. Seems risky…

• The warranty says nothing specifically about broken displays unfortunately.

• ChrisGuest 12 months ago

Yes they will replace it for free as long as you have a custom Moto-X.

• DAVIDGuest 12 months ago

3. ChrisGuest 12 months ago

4. SheriGuest 12 months ago

5. hunnyGuest 12 months ago

its a great idea to replace

6. JuanGuest 12 months ago

7. DAVIDGuest 12 months ago

8. Brad SlackGuest 10 months ago

Hi Brad,

Best regards,
    Motorola Chat Support Team
    Customer By Email (Brad) 08/05/2014 08:59 AM
    Thank you for clearing this up. I will post your reply onto the sites that
    are incorrectly referencing this information to clear up future issues.

Brad Slack