Jul 11 AT 1:57 PM Dima Aryeh 46 Comments

Motorola starts rolling out Android 4.4.4 to some devices and regions

Motorola_Logo

Despite there being very few differences between Android 4.4.2 and 4.4.4, Motorola is determined to keep its devices on the latest version of Android. Not only was there a limited rollout of Android 4.4.3 for a few devices, now some devices are getting Android 4.4.4. That’s the absolute latest version of Android available.

According to Motorola, the Moto G should be seeing the update in Brazil and India, the Moto E should see it in Brazil, France, Canada, an Asia Pacific, and the DROID Ultra will be getting it in the US. There is no word on the Moto X yet, but we’re sure Motorola will get to it soon as updates have been really fast from Moto lately.

With this update, you’ll get the new dialer that Nexus devices saw, along with enhanced camera quality and pausing video recording. Then there are security fixes and bug fixes, as expected from such a small update. You won’t notice many differences, but it’s amazing of Motorola to be rolling out updates at this speed.

And if you’re interested in asking Motorola some questions, product manager Mark Rose is doing an AMA on Google+. You’ll be able to ask him questions and he’ll answer for half an hour, starting at 2PM central a week from today. Have you gotten your update if you have the device and live in the aforementioned region?

Via: Phandroid

Source: Motorola

• Nathan

Hope the Moto X update is really close behind. :)

• Jeffrey Tarman

I have the update on my Droid Maxx & the dialer hasn’t changed at all, it’s the same as 4.4 dialer nothing like the Nexus dialer at all

• anonymus

ask VzW, looks like they never wanted it

• Oflife

What about us Moto X and G users here in the UK?

• shaik mansoor

Got it today few hours ago,4.4.4 new and amazing new dialler…

• Piyush Shrivastava

What’s amazing about the dialer? Only color has changed I guess..

• Bob Bush

They DID NOT get the new dialer!! It was not in VZW OTA package.

• Bikash

Hi,
      Can u tell me how can I upadate to 4.4.4

• George Barlow

‘Despite there being few differences’ – it is still worth the update as 4.4.4 fixes several bugs in the earlier version, not least the openssl problem.

• Reno Davenport

Got it on my Droid Maxx last night. San Jose, CA.

• Tabish Anwer

got 4.4.4 in my Moto E in India

• Ralph Kramden

Got it for my iPhone 4 last night

• Krishna

The new dialer is cool

• gaurav

Didn’t get any update for my moto g

• SATYANARAYAN R BHAT

I got it and installed in my MOTO E. Thank you.

• Aashish

Any1 updated moto g in Punjab?

• anil

Motorola customer care mentioned moto g update will be going to be rolled out soon in india.

• nikhi

Has amyone got Moto g update in kerala

• kiron

not tat i know of.. waiting

• narenB

What about moto x in India? I have been waiting since the Motorola tweeted about the update

• Karan Arora

Did not received any update on my moto g :(

• karthik

Not get any update for moto g till nno. Chennai india

• karthik

Not get any update for moto g till now. Chennai india

• Sushant

Waiting for KitKat 4.4.4 update for Moto G in Nagpur,India.

• vijayakumar

After 4.4.4 version is installed, if i tried to open the vedios am getting message like Unsupported Android version

• zaheen

no update yet for moto g India
    desperately waiting

• Sakthiram

Motorola had released update only for moto e not yet for moto g and x…. Worried so much…. (India)

• santhosh

I did not see any update neither 4.4.3 nor 4.4.4 till now. Is it sure that it has been rolled out in iNDIA?

• Suhail Balasinor

I got the 4.4.4 KitKat update on my Moto E in India about 2-3 days ago :)

• sammaiah

Call record undali

• karthil

Someone please tell when 4.4.4 will be available in india for moto g. Moto
    assured in twitter that last week itself they release this update in india for moto e, g, & x.

• Amit

My moto g is still on 4.4.2 in India
    Can someone help?
    Have checked OTA and using desktop software

• prasanth

Moto X in India will be getting 4.4.4 update within a week or two. Nothing to be worried for so people better stay calm

• karthik

Updated to 4.4.4 kitkat using the below link. I have moto g dual sim indian virsion.

Enjoy……

• karthik

Updated my moto g dual sim indian version to 4.4.4 kitkat

Enjoy…….

• karthik

Working nice

• Vinay Maurya

I got the 4.4.4 update at my mobile Moto G India. And Dialer is too good.
    Thanks,

• subhajit

I have updated my moto g here in Calcutta to 4.4.4. But I miss the old moto dialer. It was black and really cool.

• jil tushar sheth

I got update…n its amazing aling with dailer handling has improved…n ofcourse developer mode had some changes too!

• Daniel

Właśnie zaktualizowałem system do Kitkat 4.4.4 w Motorola Moto G 28.07.2014 / I just now update my Motorola Moto G to android 4.4.4 28.06.2014 ;))

• Daniel

Właśnie zaktualizowałem system do Kitkat 4.4.4 w Motorola Moto G 28.07.2014

• haseeb

Hello i recently updated my moto g to android 4.4.4 everything is working smooth but one issue with the new dialer the all contacts tab freezes frequently which is very annoying…..hope they will fix this soon…..

• BobA

I too have this problem after updating to 4.4.4. It seems that each tap of the ALL CONTACTS button actually stacks a request for the all contacts display. Tapping the return arrow displays one copy of the all contacts for each prior tap of the ALL CONTACTS button. This is a real pain in the ass.

• Ishan

I got it for my Moto X in India today :)

• sri

Successfully updated moto g to 4.4.4 :)

• Bob Carolgees

When is this update coming to Moto X UK?
    One of Motorola selling points was quick updates.
    This is not the case for UK.
    No moto maker and now no sign of updates.
    UK not a priority for Motorola by looks of it

1. NathanGuest 11 months ago

Hope the Moto X update is really close behind. :)

2. Jeffrey TarmanGuest 11 months ago

• anonymusGuest 11 months ago

ask VzW, looks like they never wanted it

3. OflifeGuest 11 months ago

What about us Moto X and G users here in the UK?

4. shaik mansoorGuest 11 months ago

Got it today few hours ago,4.4.4 new and amazing new dialler…

• Piyush ShrivastavaGuest 11 months ago

What’s amazing about the dialer? Only color has changed I guess..

• Bob BushGuest 11 months ago

They DID NOT get the new dialer!! It was not in VZW OTA package.

• BikashGuest 10 months ago

Hi,
      Can u tell me how can I upadate to 4.4.4

5. George BarlowGuest 11 months ago

6. Reno DavenportGuest 11 months ago

Got it on my Droid Maxx last night. San Jose, CA.

7. Tabish AnwerGuest 11 months ago

got 4.4.4 in my Moto E in India

8. Ralph KramdenGuest 11 months ago

Got it for my iPhone 4 last night

9. KrishnaGuest 11 months ago

The new dialer is cool

10. gauravGuest 11 months ago

Didn’t get any update for my moto g

11. SATYANARAYAN R BHATGuest 11 months ago

I got it and installed in my MOTO E. Thank you.

12. AashishGuest 11 months ago

Any1 updated moto g in Punjab?

13. anilGuest 11 months ago

14. nikhiGuest 11 months ago

Has amyone got Moto g update in kerala

15. narenBGuest 11 months ago

16. Karan AroraGuest 11 months ago

Did not received any update on my moto g :(

17. karthikGuest 11 months ago

Not get any update for moto g till nno. Chennai india

18. karthikGuest 11 months ago

Not get any update for moto g till now. Chennai india

19. SushantGuest 11 months ago

Waiting for KitKat 4.4.4 update for Moto G in Nagpur,India.

20. vijayakumarGuest 11 months ago

21. zaheenGuest 11 months ago

no update yet for moto g India
    desperately waiting

22. SakthiramGuest 11 months ago

23. santhoshGuest 11 months ago

24. Suhail BalasinorGuest 11 months ago

I got the 4.4.4 KitKat update on my Moto E in India about 2-3 days ago :)

25. sammaiahGuest 11 months ago

29. karthikGuest 10 months ago

Enjoy……

30. karthikGuest 10 months ago

Updated my moto g dual sim indian version to 4.4.4 kitkat

Enjoy…….

31. Vinay MauryaGuest 10 months ago

I got the 4.4.4 update at my mobile Moto G India. And Dialer is too good.
    Thanks,

32. subhajitGuest 10 months ago

33. jil tushar shethGuest 10 months ago

34. DanielGuest 10 months ago

35. DanielGuest 10 months ago

Właśnie zaktualizowałem system do Kitkat 4.4.4 w Motorola Moto G 28.07.2014

36. haseebGuest 10 months ago

• BobAGuest 8 months ago

37. IshanGuest 10 months ago

I got it for my Moto X in India today :)

38. sriGuest 10 months ago

Successfully updated moto g to 4.4.4 :)

39. Bob CarolgeesGuest 10 months ago

When is this update coming to Moto X UK?
    One of Motorola selling points was quick updates.
    This is not the case for UK.
    No moto maker and now no sign of updates.
    UK not a priority for Motorola by looks of it