Jul 04 AT 11:49 AM Alex Wagner 15 Comments

OnePlus One confirmed to get Android L update

oneplusonewhiteaam

The list of devices that will receive Android L grows!

OnePlus confirmed today that the OnePlus One will receive an update to Android L. The company didn’t say much about what will be included in the update, but it did promise that Android L will be pushed to the One “within three months” of the final build’s release.

The OnePlus One is a a fairly new flagship smartphone, so it’s not a shock to learn that it’ll be upgraded to the next major version of Android. It’s always good to get confirmation straight from the horse’s OEM’s mouth, though. And while the OnePlus One may still be somewhat difficult to come by, those of you that are waiting to purchase one can at least rest easy knowing that once you finally get a unit, you’ll be able to move to Android L.

Via: 9to5Google

Source: OnePlus

Editorial Director of News and Content for PhoneDog Media. Fluent in whisk(e)y, video games and phones. Can be followed on Twitter at @alw.

• Nigel

Here’s hoping that this one they actually do what they say.

• CJ

It’ll probably be by invitation.

• aranea

• aranea

• Jerry Rich

Pretty much everyone has moved on from this vaporware phone. I wouldn’t believe anything these people say.

• Vaporware is for lames

Great, now when are they going to release the phone?

• p51d007

LOL, most tech-heads have long since moved on from this mythical device.
    In the beginning, THEY were the ones that drummed up the interest in “the one”, on blogs, websites etc. After OnePlus/Oppo got enough user forum participants, they threw the tech-heads under the bus. Bugs, delays, disappointments. Boy, when business schools teach how to not run a business, I think OnePlus will be the example of what not to do.
    I don’t know what their original goal was, but it surely can’t be what they did.
    The conspiracy theories on their website & reddit run all over the place.

• pagger

Along with the yellowing screens they are having problems with! Yeah mythical comes to mind.

• oliver

3mths? that’s just as bad as the big guns Samsung & LG. I would have sat on this information, not share it with the public & give people more reason not to waste their time trying to get one, as their idea of 3mths is probably more like 4. Yet another reason to get a Nexus instead.

• AJGullable

Why do you guys keep giving this company LEGS!!!! Let’s not blame One+, let’s blame these cheezeheads like A&Me for giving them play time. What a crock you guys are.

• AJGullable

Why do you guys keep giving this company LEGS!!!! Let’s not blame One+, let’s blame these cheezeheads like A&Me for giving them play time. What a crock !!

• Pax

They have to ship the phone first!!! :)

• weedpavor

hahaha, I was excited about this phone, but after further research, seems like a waste of time

• mark barlog

Who cares. Can’t believe anything they say. Besides what difference does it make if you can’t get a phone!

• jonathan

got my One plus. Its great. Looking forward to the update.

1. NigelGuest 10 months ago

Here’s hoping that this one they actually do what they say.

2. CJGuest 10 months ago

It’ll probably be by invitation.

3. By the time they send “invitations” Android M or even N may be out anyways. I lost my interest in their phones a long time ago.

• I need to eat my own words. I got an invitation and couldn’t resist the temptation to buy the phone. Now I’m waiting for it to arrive tomorrow.

4. Jerry RichGuest 10 months ago

5. Vaporware is for lamesGuest 10 months ago

Great, now when are they going to release the phone?

6. p51d007Guest 10 months ago

LOL, most tech-heads have long since moved on from this mythical device.
    The conspiracy theories on their website & reddit run all over the place.

7. paggerGuest 10 months ago

8. oliverGuest 10 months ago

9. AJGullableGuest 10 months ago

10. AJGullableGuest 10 months ago

11. PaxGuest 10 months ago

They have to ship the phone first!!! :)

12. weedpavorGuest 10 months ago

13. mark barlogGuest 10 months ago

14. jonathanGuest 9 months ago

got my One plus. Its great. Looking forward to the update.