LG has just announced the round counterpart to its first Android Wear smartwatch, the stunning LG G Watch R. And if what the company is showing off today ends up resembling the real deal when it’s released later this year, the competition has their work cut out for them.
The LG G Watch R is essentially an LG G Watch but with a round Plastic OLED (P-OLED) display. The display takes up 100% of the watch’s face, unlike the Motorola Moto 360, and according to LG, “produces stunning image clarity even under bright sunlight and superb clarity when viewed from any angle.” The full spec rundown of the G Watch R looks like this:
- Chipset: 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400
- Display: 1.3-inch P-OLED Display (320 x 320)
- Memory: 4GB eMMC / 512MB RAM
- Battery: 410mAh
- Operating System: Android Wear (compatible with smartphones running Android 4.3 and above)
- Sensors: 9-Axis (Gyro/ Accelerometer/ Compass), Barometer, PPG
- Color: Black
- Other: Dust and Water Resistant (IP67)
While the G Watch R won’t be out in “key markets” until early in the fourth quarter, it will be on display at IFA next week. Be on the lookout for much more to come on the LG G Watch R in the near future.