OnePlus has not been stingy when it comes to giving the public a steady drip of information on the OnePlus 2. So far, we know the OnePlus 2 will come with a Snapdragon 810, 4GB of RAM, will cost less than $450, comes with a fingerprint scanner for security, and that it uses USB Type-C. Today, in an Ask Me Almost Anything thread on Reddit, the OnePlus team shared a little more info on the OnePlus 2 that should have those anticipating the handset excited.
Here’s some of the stuff the OnePlus team was willing to share on the OnePlus 2:
- The OnePlus 2 will have a 3300mAh battery
- It’s small enough to fit under a OnePlus One
- The camera is a high priority
- Those that purchased the OnePlus One will be prioritized when the OnePlus 2 launches
- Physical Keys will be different on the device
- There could be a longer charging cable
- The design and the build of the OnePlus 2 “is a big step up here”
- “StyleSwaps are gonna be much much better”
As you can see, the OnePlus 2 is shaping up to be quite the flagship. While the OnePlus One did face its fair share of hardware and software troubles, it really seems the OnePlus team did use it as a learning exercise in manufacturing and selling a phone. Hopefully, that means the OnePlus 2 will be that much better. It’s already starting to look that way.