The Samsung Galaxy S7 is well on its way to being the best-selling Android smartphone of all time. It’s sleek, fast and sports a camera that’s better than anything Apple’s managed to cram into an iPhone. Unfortunately, all that hardware comes at a steep price. Buying a SIM unlocked Samsung Galaxy S7 will set you back $650 to $700. If you’re willing to sign a new contract with a service provider, the upfront cost of the Galaxy S7 can go down to $200. And then, there’s always to option to pick one up with a service provider’s installment plan. Those additional options will save you a lot of upfront cash, but the device you buy will be SIM locked to the service provider you purchased it from. That’s not a huge deal for most people, but it does come into play if you choose to switch service providers, travel internationally or if you want to get the most cash out of your phone when selling it.
The good news is that your Samsung Galaxy S7 can likely be SIM unlocked for free, as long as you meet your service provider’s requirements. This typically means that the device you purchased from them is paid in full or that you are at least 3-6 months into your contract and your account is in good standing. If that’s not the case, you will likely need to purchase a Samsung Galaxy S7 SIM unlock code from a third party service like Android SIM Unlock. But we always suggest giving the free option a try before paying any money for a SIM unlock code.
Note: If you own a T-Mobile-branded Samsung Galaxy S6, Android SIM Unlock offers an unlock service using the Device Unlock app, even if T-Mobile states that the phone is not eligible for unlocking.
Get your Samsung Galaxy S7 SIM free unlock code from your service provider
Getting your free SIM unlock code for your Samsung Galaxy S7 from your service provider is pretty simple. As long as you meet your service provider’s requirements, you should be able to follow the steps below to SIM unlock your phone.
- Dial #06# from your phone to display the IMEI number
- Write the IMEI number on a piece of paper for easy reference
- Contacts your carrier’s customer service and ask for your Galaxy S7′s SIM unlock code
- Give the customer service rep your Galaxy S7 IMEI number to complete the SIM unlock request
- Your SIM unlock code will typically be emailed to you in 1-3 days
SIM unlock your Samsung Galaxy S7
- Remove the SIM card from the Samsung Galaxy S7
- Insert a SIM card from another service provider into the phone
- Enter the SIM unlock code
- Congratulations, you how have a SIM unlocked Samsung Galaxy S7
If you know of any other way to get a free SIM unlock code for the Samsung Galaxy S7, please share the details in the comments.