Huawei is aiming for the high-end with its Honor 8 Pro smartphone. The Chinese smartphone company revealed its new flagship today, offering powerful performance and a reasonable price. Notably, the company claims that the device will offer two days of battery life.
Key specifications include:
- 5.7-inch 2560 x 1440 display
- Octa-core Kirin 960 processor (four 2.4GHz cores and four 1.8GHz cores)
- 6GB RAM
- 64GB storage plus microSD card slot
- Dual 12-megapixel camera (monochrome and RGB sensors)
- 8-megapixel wide-angle front-facing camera
- 4000mAh battery
- Fingerprint scanner
- 6.97mm thickness
- Android 7.0 with EMUI 5.1
The Honor 8 Pro features specs similar to key flagships, such as the LG G6 and Samsung Galaxy S8. To attract customers away from better-known brands, Huawei has competitively priced the Honor 8 Pro at EUR 549 and GBP 474.99. While the Honor 8 Pro won’t be offered in the US, Huawei will release the device in the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and Switzerland. Pre-orders begin today, April 5.