$330 Galaxy S III

Posted Jun 19, 2012 at 4:01 pm in Threads > Smartphones & Tablets

I just read on the following link that T-Mobile is going to be selling the Samsung Galaxy S III for $330 while AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon are each charging $200 for the same phone: http://www.tmonews.com/2012/06/t-mobile-breaks-up-galaxy-s-iii-launch/ Question: Is there anyone currently on T-Mobile or was planning to switch to T-Mobile willing to pay this much for this phone?

• redraider133

I think it is crazy, I mean unless with the tmo version they are getting something special with it I cannot see how they can charge that much, especially with them being the smallest of the big 4 carriers in the US.

• Ironzey Lewis

Cheaper plans? What would be the price difference at the end of the contract?

• Sgb101

Both these prices are made, in the UK all phones are free on contract

• kazahani

Maybe if they were launching the Tegra 3 HSPA+ version.

• yankeesusa

Some people may be paying it because in their area they get great speeds with tmobile. In my area tmobile gets the best right under lte from verizon. Plus they have great pricing with 5gb of data, even though it throttles at 2 but its still faster than sprint and att. I’m sure tmobile will sell lots of sgs3 at this price then they will have a massive sale that includes all 4g phones for free like they always do.

• jian9007

I’m on T-Mobile and there is absolutely no way I would pay that. It angered me when they announced the pricing, especially since with this launch all SGS3′s are essentially the same in every way. If I decide to get one it will be through another place like Amazon wireless or Best Buy, who will probably sell it for either the $199 or even $149 within a short time. Personally, I’m hoping for some info to be dropped about the upcoming Nexus phone(s) at Google I/O, even though they typically don’t announce their phones until later in the year.

• Citycrazed25

I have already ordered mine online. Price doesn’t bother me much. Still better price plans than others.