Android 4.0.4 first impressions?

Posted Mar 28, 2012 at 6:56 pm in Threads > Smartphones & Tablets

Ok who hacked today’s release onto their Nexus phone or Xoom tablet? I have neither right now, so I can’t play with it. I just spent 20 points because I want someone to tell me what they think of the new update.

Google confirms Android 4.0.4 rolling out to multiple devices, Verizon’s Samsung Galaxy Nexus not included

• Dustin Earley

Battery life is MUCH improved. I’m still having camera troubles. Lots of apps won’t work yet. Everything is much smoother.

Any specific questions?

• A. Hashad

I have the ASUS eee pad Transformer and I would like to share my first impression towards Ice-cream Sandwich 4.0 Update … I was so excited and anticipating this update that when it happened I was disappointed because it completely ruined my tablet, it restarted every now and then, my music files were all messed up and it froze, crashed and bugged constantly.

However, ASUS rolled an update a few weeks ago which brought my tablet back to life, its now stable and fast, battery life is HEAVEN ! the panorama view camera is Extremely AWESOME, plus the new live wallpapers rolled with the update are cool, all the slide to remove notification is just simply amazing. To sum up, the Update is absolutely amazing and I really love it, I just wished they took the time to stabilize it before launching to give a better first impression! Keep up ASUS and Android !

• http://androidandme.com Taylor Wimberly

Does it have 4.0.3 or 4.0.4? Mine was just updated last week, but it’s only at 4.0.3.

• A. Hashad

yeah 4.0.3

• orangestrat

I am loving 4.0.4 on my Gnex and Nexus S. Id has made a huge different for the NS. Like I kept saying before, 4.0.4 is why they pulled 4.0.3.

• BiGMERF

i havent been prompted for an update yet on my Gnex using tmo

• bolanrox

guessing we will be waiting for 4.0.5 on VZW?