If you had a Nexus 7

Posted Jul 20, 2012 at 12:29 am in Threads > Smartphones & Tablets

Hello! I would like to know what would you do with a Nexus 7 (Or what you did after you got it).

As it doesn’t have 3G, it is not ideal for web browsing anywhere, and as it only has 8/16 GB (I know it’s actually more than enough for most people) it’s not ideal for storing all of you stuff in it.

Would you install any custom homescreens/skins? Would you use it more for watching movies/listening to music/reading books and magazines/gaming/apps in general/etc.?

Personally, I want one to read my e-books so I don’t have to print them because I hate reading them on the computer and to have 1 or 2 movies and some music loaded so I can watch/listen to them.

For me it would be perfect with 3G. But the price would be higher. I’d actually rather buy a 3G nexus 7 than a smartphone. (I carry a backpack with me all day long so it wouldn’t be much of a problem).

• acostaisasmendi

Oh, I meant web browsing EVERYWHERE, not anywhere.

• LukeT32

Since I have unlimited 4G with VZW, I would just tether my Gnex…. Not having 3G built in isn’t an issue for me or most people with an unlocked phone. I don’t see myself using it enough to justify another data plan just for a tablet.

• redraider133

Use it for web browsing via WiFi, games, watch movies, always have latest updates and get to play with it until my phone gets the update.

• YanivC

Since most Androids nowadays have a wifi hotspot app built in its not too much of an issue not having 3G built in. My wife has an iPad and she never uses the 3G, shes always on wifi.
    Also, you can geta USB host adapter that will let you connect the phone to the tablet and share the connection if you don’t have wifi hot spot.

• skugern

If I know I’ll be out of of WiFi range, I just download content to it (music, TV episodes, movies) prior to leaving. Some games can even be played out of WiFi range, so it’s not as big of a deal to me.