I’m not 100% happy…

Posted May 29, 2012 at 1:43 pm in Threads > Opinions

So I’ve been living with my Galaxy Google Nexus for about 3 weeks now. Reading the reveiws of this phone you would think that this is a dream device that would be an improvement on every aspect of Android. Well as much as I hate to admit it this device has not lived up to my expectations.

This being my first Samasung Device I was really looking foward to the Super AMOLED screen. It’s OK but not the game changer that I was expecting. In my opinion, the screen looks good but it doesn’t stand up to direct sunlight any better than Super LCD. When looking at white pages something just doens’t look right, it’s like white isn’t white it’s like speckeled or something.

Everyone has always said that Samsung phones feel cheap and “plasticy”. In this case, I like the feel of this phone. It’s light without feeling cheap I’m happy with that.

I’ve read where others inclding myself have the issue where WiFi will drop for no reason. I’ll be sitting 3 feet from my router and the WiFi signal will drop for no appearant reason. When I called Samsung they told me to “forget” the network and rejoin, that hasn’t helped. Seems like you would put high priority on a wirless devices wireless connection and making sure it is reliable.

These hardware problems I blame Samsung and Google for I don’t think we’ll ever know who’s idea it was to cheap out on some of the hardware (5MP camera) but it seems like there are quite a few compromises when it came to creatiing the Galaxy Nexus. Hopefully going forward Google won’t compromise. All in all I would say I’m 75% happy.

Is there anything in Android that is not living up to you expectations?