Is this the rumored £99 Nexus7

Posted Dec 21, 2012 at 10:19 am in Threads > Smartphones & Tablets

I just seen on Engaget the Asus ME172V, its reported at $225, and That Asus may launch it themselves, but just maybe it mat turn into the budget N7, that i keep hearing whispered about.

also Intel may subsidies it along with Google for Intel to show what it can do for the mass’s .

Im probably way off, and Asus are just launching a competitive Tab, which should show the other manufactures that a decent cheap tablet can be done with out Google’s subsidies, and bring the price of future tabs down.

• Nicko01

I still don’t think Intel is ready for the phone/tablet market. I love their desktop and laptop processors, but Atom isn’t so great and I would choose an ARM architecture over Intel easily. Their influence in the PC CPU market will help them get started, but for now they still have a long way to go.

• Charlong666

I agree with Nicko01, Intel’s benefits (if any) are vastly outweighted by ARM. Maybe given time they will get better, but their current generation isn’t as great as they call it.

On the the subject of a 99$ Nexus Tablet, I personally don’t see the point of it. I know a lot of people will agree with me. But a tablet with those specs just don’t appeal to me. While I’m sure someone would want it, a single core CPU (from the way it’s worded at least) and that pixel density, just don’t do it for me.

Hopefully no one down votes me for stating my opinion :).