LG halting production of nexus 4???

Posted Jan 11, 2013 at 12:37 pm in Threads > Rumors

So I was reading an article on droid-life and saw this and was thinking that it seems strange if this is actually happening especially with the nexus being so new and I think would really make some people angry who got the first round of devices if they are indeed introducing a new model. http://www.droid-life.com/2013/01/11/lg-reportedly-halts-nexus-4-production-perhaps-to-make-way-for-new-product-or-nexus-device/ Thoughts?

• gmaninvan

I highly doubt this. They can’t keep the existing model in stock. If they are changing it, it will be a minor tweak to likely fix some minor quality issue or improve somewhere.

• Teebor

I would not be surprised if they did, this would be typical LG Behaviour, which is why I avoided this phone at all costs.

I’ve said it before and I will say it again, LG have screwed their customers with phones before and they will do it again.

I hope I’m wrong though for the sake of people who purchased/wanted this phone

• Kaote

I’m guessing this rumor is wrong, unless Google has decided to let OEM’s announce the new Nexus devices, which would fly in the face of all of their past announcements.

• jamal adam

If this happens to be true, LG will automatically be on my no buy list because that’s just about the dumbest thing they can do. However, I doubt that Google would let it happen.

• thymeless

It might be to implement a redesigned innards so that USB OTG works finally.

• amIT29

Otg works just fine on my galaxy s2 ics ….

• http://androidandme.com Taylor Wimberly

I’m guessing we see a new Nexus 4 with working LTE after T-Mobile launches their LTE network this quarter.

• redraider133

If that is the case though why halt production especially when most who ordered have yet to receive it? Plus outside of the US those who bought a nexus 4 lte isn’t really a priority and probably wouldn’t work with that particular band anyway.