Net10 BYOD Sim Program > Unlimited EVERYTHING $45 a month

Posted Dec 18, 2012 at 11:42 am in Threads > Smartphones & Tablets

Im wondering if anyone else has tried Net10 as a prepaid option for there unlimited goodness. I have heard rumors that they dont actually throttle like straight talk?? Im wondering if this is true? Any bad experiences that anyone has had recently with them?

• WlfHart

Bump, as I’d like to know about if they throttle and if anybody knows if they crack down on tethering.

• Bain

I don’t any experience with their data plans. In the past I’ve used their pay per minute plan and was very satisfied. Currently I’ve just started using T-Mobile’s $30 100 min / Unlimited Data plan. If that doesn’t work out I will probably go back to NET 10

• dejay

I just got a Net10 sim card on ebay for 99cent free shipping so im gonna give it a try, i just hope they are better then straight talk cause they throttle me every month less than half way through and they are just annoying me like crazy

• dejay

So I’m about a few days in on my first month with the net10 sim and it has had a few hicupps but I’m not sure if it was because there ApN settings are a puzzle they give you a set with the sim but online I found better settings that seemed to have cleared up the issue. Leaving the port blank is what I found online as well as the proxy and the 8080 for the MMS port for att sim cards. I’ve managed to pull 3 gbs so far just testing it out to see if they bother me so far no annoying phone calls and no horribly slow speeds but sometimes it randomly freezes. But we will see how the over all expierence is for the month worth a try if the service works out to be better ..

• thymeless

Straight Talk, Net10, Tracfone and a few others are all part of the same business. I strongly suspect you’ll find the policies on them all very similar.

• dejay

so now almost 2 weeks in to having it and still no major issues, that i didn’t have with straight talk. The only huge difference is the speed, i have an almost constant speed that only varies slightly. When i went on vacation back to MASS i did notice some freezing of the network but once i turned off all the roaming options i noticed a huge improvement. One thing i can say is that it is NOTHING LIKE straight talks!!! already used 3.1gbs and haven’t seen any issues yet, if i was on straight talk still i would have been throttled over a gb ago. Now that im home i will be running it more to see what i can get to so i will keep updating..

• ibap

How about some updates from those having used this service for a few months?

• dejay

Coming up on my one month marker and so far so good, no real problems so far. Managed to use over 7gbs so far and nothing.. no calls, no text, no emails, and thats one more thing i like about Net10 is that they dont bother you all the time with stupid reminders and spam crap.

• dejay

So everything was going great until today when i received a message from Net10 stating Effective March 1st ATT compatible sims will be limited to 1.5 GBS of data per 30 days

• YIONNIE

I’VE HAD NET10′S SO CALLED UNLIMITED PLAN FOR 2 MONTHS NEXT MONTH I WON’T ANY LONGER. I NEVER GOT THE MESSAGE THAT WE WOULDN’T HAVE UNLIMITED DATA ANYMORE BECAUSE I WOULDN’T HAVE KEPT THE SERVICE ON AT ALL. SOME OF THE REPS HAVE A HORRIBLE ATTITUDE &THE SUPERVISORS AREN’T ANY BETTER. WHAT GETS TO ME IS HOW IT STILL CLEARLY STATES EVERYTHING IS UNLIMITED WHEN IN FACT IT IS NOT. A COMPLETE WASTE OF MY MONEY.THE FIRST MONEY WAS LOVELY AFTER THAT I FELT LIKE HELL. SO FRANKLY NET10 CAN SHOVE IT LITERALLY

• hannah

Net10 $50 “unlimited” plan isn’t unlimited. The texting and minutes are, but they only allow 1.5GB of data before completely cutting it off for the rest of the month. No warnings.