Nexus 4 32gb in Google I|O 2013?

Posted Dec 06, 2012 at 1:05 pm in Threads > Opinions

As much of you may know, Google I|O 2013 will take place in May. So, maybe we’ll see a Nexus 7 2 (?), a brand-new android release, like, Android 5, but the thing i REALLY like to see is a 32gb Nexus 4. 16gb is fine for some people, but i dont want to feel like i’m trapped in a box with 16gb, i need space.

Like it happened with the Nexus 7, it could happen with Nexus 4, 8Gb version out, 16gb 300$ and 32gb 350$.

• Do you think google will anounce a 32gb model for the I|O 2013?
  • Do you think it’s posible?
  • Will you buy it?
  • lars

I think google would nede to release a 32 GB version much earlier, by i/o 2013 32 GB would be a norm and google would come off looking like fruitcom hesitant to change, releasing an old phone refurbished with current but tried tech.

• lars

Oh and sorry bout The spelling english is Not my native tongue.

• MC_Android

+1 It’s still better and more comprehensible than many native speakers ;

• http://pixelswim.com Steve Heinrich

For people like yourself that need the storage, I think this would be a great option to have. I hope they introduce it at the prices you mentioned.

On a separate note, I would like to see expandable storage in the next Nexus phone. This is a huge thing that differentiates Android from iOS devices. I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

• HumbertoH

FM Radio & SDcard. Come on Google, it’s not that expensive.

• crunchybutternut

Seconded on the MicroSD, but how much is FM Radio? I don’t know anything about that.

• tanman888

It’s likely. Given the “huge demand” for the nexus 4 (according to a recent article on Engadget), it makes sense to further improve future variants. (like the nexus 7)

• vforvortex

They need to give people the option of buying 16, 32, and 64gb even. Its not about whether we will need it or not. Or if cloud will take off. May 2013 is too far for me to wait for it though. i dont want to buy a phone where i am already given up 6 months out of the usual 2 yr lifespan of a phone with tech moving so fast.

• MC_Android

The problem with the way Google planned the Nexus 4 launch with only a 8 and 16 gb variant is that by the time 2013 rolls around and they decide to release a 32gb Nexus 4, the N4 will already be a “slightly” outdated phone, hardware-wise. Its ram memory and screen resolution will be future proof but the camera (something I value greatly) will already be vastly trailing 2013 flagships (as it already trails 2012 smartphones) and from what I hear, the exynos 5 will be the dominant processor of 2013.
      Too little too late for Google. The biggest way the N4 could outshine its 2013 competitors (at least for the most consumers) is in pricing, again, release the 32 gb for $350 unlocked and dropping the 16gb to $300

• redraider133

I agree with what you are saying except for the fact that people dont really buy a nexus for bleeding edge tech specs, its all about getting fast updates and hackability.

• Niggabytesmatter

Nexus 4 is not hardware outdated -.-

It only HD resolution which is perfect for Aderno 320, beacuse Full HD is too much for it, and even on Galaxy IV many games will cut.

• T

yes, yes, and yes.

• Samar

Anything above 16GB..Sounds good. However, am also interested to see any updates to the Nexus Q.

• redraider133

I am hoping( i know it most likely wont happen) that they introduce a model for the carriers( verizon and sprint) I think the carriers could see how well the nexus 4 is selling and may want to get back on board and maybe put some more control back into google’s hands? Well one can dream anyway

• scaarg

My guess is that they will release something like Android 4.3 and the improved Nexus Q. It’s what they need, they need to be everywhere and a media player devices (something like Google TV) would fit that void. And also it would teach every OEM how to do it right and at a good price. That’s kind of what Google’s been doing lately.

An increase to 32 and 64 GB can be expected on Nexus 4 and Nexus 10. And a new Nexus 7… I don’t think so. It would be better if they update the 3 devices at the same time, maybe in Oct-Nov. They’re still very capable.

• Curtis

It pissed me off when the introduced the Nexus 7 32gb and dropped the 8gb. I bought a 16gb N7 for £200 and now they go and reduce the price to £160. £40! If they do this to the Nexus 4 I hope they will give us first 16gb owners a play store voucher for like £20 to make up for it.

• HardNoks

Honestly, I wouldn’t mind buying the device twice. I could theoretically buy a 16gb model now, and sell it for however much I can if and when a 32gb model is released. It’s not ideal, but it is an option.

• JC

what do you guys think of the possibility of a nexus phablet in May? With all the rumored 5″ 1080p devices coming out, it looks like 2013 will be the year of the phablet and that’s one thing missing from the nexus lineup. When the google IO happens, the nexus 4, nexus 7 (32g) and nexus 10 will only be 6 months old which is too early to introduce and new phone or tablet imo.
    perhaps this could be the rumored HTC Nexus 5 we heard about a couple months ago.

• heynomi4u

I am getting a 16 GB regardless, coz I can’t wait for something that may or may not be announced. More importantly I am bored with my Gingerbread only HTC Desire HD. Enuffffff 2.3.3!!!!

• HumbertoH

I think the Nexus 4 should have a A15 based CPU, it’s gonna be 2013 soon, and the N4′s actual hardware is gonna be crushed with the early 2013 phones.

Android optimization on Nexus.

Why does the N10 need an A15 to move that resolution and the ipad uses a A9 to move it?

That just makes me think…

• Lobotomik

Why does an Audi A3 2.5TFSI need a 330 Hp engine to move it when my Mercedes Class B only needs 156?

That just makes me think…

• kelltrash14

32 gb nexus 4 makes sense in Jan or Feb. .. less in May. It world be welcome even then though if they do a price drop

• jamal adam

I think that they will or might get an LTE version and a 32gb version would be something that is needed and necessary, especially as it is a nexus.

• thymeless

Considering the USB OTG failure of the Nexus 4, a higher RAM version would make a lot of sense.

• gmaninvan

By then, we will be seeing the 2013 model. I could see it coming out at CES though.

• pliu.2014

No, because the closeness to nexus 10. Think about from a marketing stand point. Why would a person not get the nexus 10 is it is around $ 40 more. The people at google would have to lower the nexus 7 price to give a better price distinction between nexus10 and nexus7

• Iain

I hope they bring out a nexus 4 32GB and I don’t know if they have this on the nexus 4 but I know some android devices with the on screen buttons you can make them disappear and reappear. If they did both those things i would definitely buy it!

• madsalad

I’d honestly prefer expandable storage rather than on board but I don’t think Google wants to do that.

• keari

The 32gb will be much welcomed if it will be released otherwise people like me who crave for storage will be pushed to galaxy s3 mini

• captainkirkw

I think a 32GB Nexus 4 would be great but I agree with those who say that it needs to come out sooner rather than later as there are a lot of great alternatives coming out this year.

I just got my Nexus 4 and have not started using it with a carrier yet, just testing it with WiFi calling to see if I think I can swing the $30 a month T-Mobile 100 minute, unlimited text and data plan. So it it too early for me to comment on needing more than 16GB of storage but I do have my 32GB iPhone 4 almost full. Of course, I do have a ton of music on it that I really don’t need and should also backup all of my pics and videos so I am betting that with better management of that kind of stuff that 16GB will be fine.

• David

I’d be fine with a $400 32gb nexus 4

• tommydaniel

I expect to see a white IO Nexus 4 at Google IO like they did with the Nexus 7 last year.

• RyRy

My friend purchased a 32 gig Nexus 4 on Sprint last month. So the answer is yes, Google has a 32 gig Nexus 4. However, it’s not in the play store as I just checked. smh

• RyRy

Ok, so he tricked me, lol. It’s a 32 gig Galaxy Nexus. Looked just like my Nexus 4 except for the back of the phone.

• Ges Rahman

I’m getting my nexus 4 replaced and its the 16 GB. I’m getting it replaced because the ear price buzzes. I really want it replaced this weekend but if I wait till Google io would they replace my phone with the 32gb or just the same 16gb? If its just the same 16gb then I’m not gonna wait.