Nexus 4 camera VS Galaxy Nexus camera?

Posted Dec 07, 2012 at 6:46 pm in Threads > Smartphones & Tablets

I’m looking pretty hard at up-grading to a Nexus 4, but am hesitant to do so because of what I felt were poor images from a LG G2x that I previously owned. I currently use a Samsung Galaxy Nexus and am pretty happy with the camera in it. What are your thoughts on the Nexus 4 camera? Please share examples if you can. Thanks

• MC_Android

From what I’ve seen, they’re comparable to the Galaxy S2. I have a friend with a Nexus 4 and I have a GS2. Honestly, I would say that the S2 might have better color capturing than the Nexus. With that being said, it appears to be doing worse than all both One X’s and GS3′s camera.

Hardware-wise, the camera is going to to be outdated by next year with speculated resolutions of 13mpx as the standard.

If camera is something you value a lot, it might be worth it to wait for what 2013 has in store

• http://www.pizzafiles.com Gordon Wheeler

@MC_Android, Thanks for the info. I’m not to concerned about the number of MP as my Galaxy Nexus only has a 5 MP camera, but how well it captures color is important. I would really love a GS3, but I have come to really like the pure Android on my Nexus and would like to stick with it.

I do take a lot of photos so I may have to hold out until I can get my hands on a Nexus 4 and see first hand the results of the camera.