Nexus 7 issues after updating to 4.2

Posted Mar 28, 2013 at 12:22 am in Threads > Smartphones & Tablets

Hello everyone,

Few days back I updated my Nexus 7 to 4.2, the issue which I encountered is I can’t charge it if battery is dead, after researching found it’s a bug which came with 4.2, so was wondering what all others issues you people encountered after updating to 4.2, I would appreciate if every list the issues and steps they took to resolve the same. At least it will be helpful for others to work around till the next update.

Thanks

• Broseph Stalin

Something I noticed on both my Galaxy Nexus and my ASUS Transformer 300 is that, whenever I boot the device or switch users, GPS is established. It doesn’t go away until you force close Fused Location Service and can eat a LOT of battery. Anyone else seen this?

• kazahani

I have definitely noticed my GNex LTE trying to establish a GPS location more often after the update, but I had not given it much thought. I’m after every spare minute of battery life I can get, so if there is any more information on this issue I would appreciate it.

• www.phonewbie.com

I have a really minor issue. I can’t back out of an app’s page in the Play Store while the app is downloading. I either have to press the main Play Store icon which takes me to the Play Store’s main page or I have to hit the home key to completely leave the app.